Chapter 8

"Thank you for taking me in for the holidays Mr. and Mrs. Tachibana"

"Oh, worry not dear, we are grateful to have you here with us! Makoto has told us a lot about you."

"We get that you are a very nice and intelligent lady. Plus, the more the merrier."

His family was very pleased and happy to have you with them, one thing less to worry about now you thought. None really had received you that openly despite it being the first time they had ever seen you. But, did Makoto really tell them about you or were they just being nice? You'd like to ask but it'd come as a bit egocentric so you decided not to.

"Well, we should get the guest's futon ready before night falls upon us, you deserve a descent place to sleep in. Why don't you help me (Y/N)-chan?"

----------

You had both climbed up the stairs and made your way up to the attic. It was surprisingly small, yet the ceiling felt to be really high. You gathered some boxes and created a small staircase for you to both use to reach the old futon. This boxes aren't stable at all.

"Hey (Y/N)-chan, did I ever tell you that this is the town in which Haru, Rin and the others grew up?"

"Really? Wow. That's so nice, I did know that you've known each other for quite the while, but I didn't expect it to be this long."

"Yeah, I know. But you do know what that means, right?"

At first the only thing you could do was stare at him in awe for you didn't really have an answer. But just as a few seconds passed by, what he was implying hit you. They were most probably going to be in town too.

"Oh god, don't tell me they are here too!" You were excited but startled at the same time. That's when gravity struck. You could feel how your feet gave up on maintaining you stable and so you started to fall; but just as you thought your back would face the hard and cold wooden floors the attic held, two arms quickly wrapped around you, holding you in mid air.

"Are you okay?!"
"Yeah, I think so...thank you"

At that moment both of you were lost in thought, neither of you moved or spoke; for you only stared at each other. A subtle pink went across his gaze. Oh god oh god was everything you could really think. His stare continued to pierce through your senses, obviously you started to completely redden your cheeks. But oh did luck like to cross ways with you. One could think that at that moment something great would happen, yet the only thing that fell upon you two was the old futon, making you both crash to the ground. But just as you were about to ask if he was OK, he started to snicker and laugh. He really was a very optimistic person.

----------

After you had your first dinner at makoto's house somebody rang at the door. Yo sat nearby the entrance as you silently yet peacefully rest your head upon the wall, looking at your phone screen. But as you were there you couldn't help but eavesdrop at the conversation that was being held outside.

"Rei- chan, why isn't anybody answering?"

"Patience Nagisa, if I'm not mistaken, Tachibana only returned from university a few hours ago. He must be tired, give him a little more time."