Chapter seven

"I still want you to join the club." Jackson presses, following behind Sarah as she walks through the entrance to their home room class.

"No, Terrei." the girl growls lowly, trying not to attract too much attention. "Just shut up about it, already!"

Several girls glare at Sarah, jealous of the attention she's getting from the attractive male. One of them slides a straw from under her desk. The maroon haired girl tears a small piece of paper from her notebook and tosses it into her mouth, before chewing.

"C'mon, Murasaki-Chan!" the boy pleads. "You'd be a huge help!"

Growling in frustration, Sarah spins on her heel to decline, yet again, when a small, white blob hits her right in the center of the forehead. After a brief moment of startled silence, the boy speaks awkwardly. "Uhhh...Murasaki? You have something on your..."

"I'm aware of that, dumbass!" the girl shouts in frustration, an angry vein throbbing visibly on her forehead.

The maroon haired girl swiftly hides the straw up her sleeve as Sarah spins to see where the projectile had come from. She snickers quietly as she pretends to go over her notes. Unbeknownst to the girl, Sarah notices the action. Scanning the desk, she notices that one corner of the girl's notebook paper is missing, clearly ripped off.

Sarah growls audibly as she walks past, causing the girl's laughter to stop and her back go rigid. She turns her head to look up at Murasaki, and they meet each other's eyes, exchanging fierce glares.

"I believe you misplaced this." Sarah says, flicking the spitball as she walks.

"How nice of you to return it." The other girl catches it quickly, lip twitching upward in disgust. They don't break eye contact until they can no longer see each other.

Sarah knows the girl. Himura, Rekka, a sixteen year old transfer student from Tokyo. She moved here because her parents wanted to get away from the city. Still relatively new to the school, Jackson was the first person Rekka took a liking to. She clearly knew that Sarah wasn't very popular, but it was certain she didn't know the reason for the girl's infamy, due to her actions. Were she to find out, she'd have to be crazy to pick on the 'Purple Demon'.

"What was that stare down about?" Jackson asks with a whisper.

"A stubborn girl who knows nothing of what's going on around her." Sarah growls lowly.

"And which would that be...Oohf!" Jackson asks with a chuckle, before the girl elbows him in the stomach.

As the two students take their seats, the teacher, hair pulled up with two long, whispy locks dangling, enters the room. "Good morning, class." Seishin-Sensei says in her soft voice.

"Good morning, Sensei." the class greets in return, though a majority of the greetings are a low mumble.

"Alright," Seishin-Sensei says. "Please take out your English textbooks and open to page two-hundred-thirty-eight."

Jackson's eyes light up, and he chuckles, catching Sarah's attention. She raises an eyebrow, looking at him inquisitively. The boy looks at her, a lopsided smirk on his face. "My native tongue." he says, pounding his chest twice, before making a peace sign.

Sarah rolled her eyes. Personally, English was her least favorite subject. She knows it's required for graduation, but she has such a hard time understanding it. It took every ounce of willpower she had to scrape by every year.

"Now, could someone please read line seven in section A?" Sensei asks, getting several raised hands in response. One of the hands, as Sarah expected, belonged to Jackson. "Terrei-San?" Sensei calls, the slightest hint of a grin on her face.