Chapter 9

Instincts

Ch. 17

By: Cutegirlmayra (I've been really busy with family things lately... and not getting enough sleep T-T So although I'm trying to focus mainly on this story, I'm still worried I can't finish it on time. But we'll see. Please support me! T-T Also! I need to clear something up! I made a HUGE BLUNDER! 'Silver' was mentioned back in Ch.10 where I had Amy mention 'Silver's name before. I can't really go back and scratch that out...-I know, I know, I should have remembered!- And the fact that he could recognize Amy right away... sure, there were pictures, but they weren't the greatest. But everyone makes mistakes, so I'm gonna try and do something to clear that up okay? Somehow...)

Silver flew Amy and himself far out of reach from Shadow, flying over the ocean a bit and finding an island not to far off the land. Landing there, some random wild Chao began to come up and curiously watch the new arrivals from afar.

"Well, that was eventful." Silver sighed out, wiping his forehead after kneeling down to put Amy on the ground. He fell back and examined his leg, wincing at the pain from the bite marks and scratches. "So... this is the animalistic power of instincts.." he looked worried at it, "...And I... hold such genes within me as well?"

In his time, the genes had died down somewhat, and so girls didn't have such powerful scents. Instincts weren't triggered because of how weak the genes were, and so when the time came for the instincts to merge with their true selfs, it almost went completely unnoticed. In fact, Silver had never even heard of instincts, that's how little they were in his time,... until now.

His instincts were being triggered and awaken by Amy's powerful scent, and he looked back at his hands, stretching them a bit to try and understand the sensation he had felt back then... by her touch...

As she crawled around, chasing and pouncing on the poor innocent Chao in the area, he slowly moved his hand up to his face, rubbing it slightly, but the sensation wasn't there.

"Hmm... how can it be?" He looked up at Amy, still confused but almost in a sorrowful way. "...After all this time... is it really just instincts?"

He had fixated on finding this point in time to find the future father of the certain son that would cause either destruction or bliss.

But...

That doesn't mean he hasn't slipped up a time or two...

"She didn't even recognize me... I wonder if she ever will..." He smiled, looking kindly to Amy, as he began to remember his little...uh... slip ups, when it came to time traveling.

-Flash Back! :D-

Silver had indeed time jumped many times to try and find the exact moment where he needed to be, or at least, close to it.

One of the instances where he was wrong... happened when Amy was 10 years old.

Amy was trying to find Sonic, and heard something weird crash into the bushes near her. Giggling, she snuck up and tried to scare Sonic, but it wasn't him.

She pounced and hugged him, "Oh, my darling Sonic! I knew I'd find you! Ohhh! Call it my feminine intuition!"

"Augh! Ahh! Well, C-can you please get your intuition off of me please?!"

"...huh?" Amy blinked her eyes, moving off the strange white stranger and gasping as she jumped off. "Y-you're not Sonic! Oh! I'm SOOOO sorry!" she hit his back and made him fall over again as he tried to get up.

"Augh... Excuse me..." he slowly got up, holding his head as he seemed rather dizzy and a bit in pain. Though, this was all uncomfortable, to say the least. "I'm looking for a girl named-?"