Chapter 5

Instincts

Ch. 5

By: Cutegirlmayra (Shout out to all my lovely readers out there! :D I love each and every one of you~ And I hope my story is entertaining and pleases ya! I'm an innocent young thing, and so that's why these are mostly just 'Oh my!' moments and nothing more. I'm glad that you're okay with that lol cause that's all I'm willing to do! And even THAT makes me blush...! Sx/D/xS –flails about- lol, anyway, this is the first time I'm trying out Shadamy, even if Amy still loves Sonic, it doesn't mean Shadow can't try his hand at taking the 'hero' position, right? ;) If he wants too... that is... Here we go~ Sorry it's been so long! T-T I submitted new stories to remind myself I want to do them, but I kinda want to get this one done after Sonic Supers, which, the ending is upon us! :D But this one is FAR FROM OVER, lol xD and here we go with the next stage/arc of Shadamy, eh?)

Instinct Amy raced through the forest but was going the wrong way.

'No! No! Home is that way! That way!' Amy tried to desperately get her instincts attention, but it felt betrayed and wouldn't listen to her.

"So this! This is what my Sonic meant!" Her instinct looked back, growling and pushing herself forward as she tried to run quicker and farther away from the other hedgehog pursuing her.

'W...what?' Amy voice inside Instinct Amy's mind grew confused and concerned.

"He said I couldn't trust you! That you would take him away from me! And look! Now you place me in the hands of another alpha!"

'Another what now?' Amy mentally tilted her head, 'That word again... Do you think Shadow's an Alpha?'.

Shadow raced after her, looking forward and taking a visual off of her for only a moment to notice she was running right into the jungle parts of where they had just exited.

"Give me a break..!" he grimaced, seeming to growl the words out.

As she continued to run on all fours, she jumped up a tree and started to make her way up to its canopies.

'Can hedgehogs climb trees..?' Amy wondered before remembering that she had shared her memory with her instinct, so it probably knew the limitations of its body more than it would have if it only obeyed its pure instinct and reflexes.

Instinct Amy was now far up in the canopy, breathing hard due to exhaustion. She looked down at Shadow with a warning growl and bark.

She started to grunt, "Stay back!"

Of course, Shadow didn't understand her, and just stopped and looked up.

"...What did that darn fox say about taming her..?" he thought out loud, growing annoyed before closing his eyes. 'I have to be dominant. I don't exactly agree with these ridiculous methods. But for her sake,...' He opened his eyes with a fixed glare on Amy. 'To protect her, I must.'

"Come here. Now." He stated this as crossly as he could, but wasn't quite sure how an 'Alpha' would sound...

His words sounded demanding... but wasn't quite at the level Instinct Amy would have responded too.

Her ears flicked a bit as she stared him down.

This staring could equal her being cautious of his presence or challenging his rank. When he didn't respond, she took her nervous energy and began scratching the tree's wood, marking her territory through her claw marks. Her gloves didn't rip through because Amy usually managed her nails, but Instinct Amy still tore a bit of the tips.