Bonus Story : Tumblr Prompt

Instincts Prompt from Tumblr!

(Adding as like a bonus prompt, it won't have anything to do with Season 2 lol)

sonicwind-01 asked:

Sooo, ever thought about a little prompt from your "Instincts" series? ;D

cutegirlmayra answered:

(x) – So, Sonicwind is referencing a AU sonamyshadsilv story I wrote many years ago. I plan to go back and edit it, then give it a season 2 :3

So~ This is good practice! haha XD

Basically, what you need to know, is that I'm not going to have them 'merge' with their instincts in this prompt. And I might bring Silver and Shadow in later just cause Sonicwind didn't specify what she wanted from this prompt xD

Also, also, this is important! The Sonic characters have something called 'Instincts' that ancient and is triggered during their mating seasons. (THERE IS NO MATING.) Ehem, but it causes their bodies to take over with their own wills. The characters are then locked in their minds unless able to 'merge' with their instincts. (meaning they share in one will) Instincts give incredible reflexes, strength, endurance, and amazing senses. Eggman originally tried to use Instincts to his advantage, because of how powerful it makes the one subjected to it.

In this Prompt, I will mostly be doing the animalist behaviors of the Instincts of Sonic and Amy, maybe the other two as well. This means that Amy and Sonic are locked inside their minds, usually arguing to persuade their instincts not to do something that makes the characters uncomfortable. (you can imagine...) The instincts ARE THEM but at the same time, aren't. It's complex and I ask you to read to learn more, but basically, it's a will to their bodies, so it's not like two people inside one body. It's more like body verses intelligence, or nature vs. nuture (as someone once told me? Eh?) anyway, enjoy xD

Okay, enough explaining the weird, here we go!

Prompt:

Both in Instinct form, Instinct Amy happily dipped her nose, curiously, to the ground where a butterfly lay dormant. With it's wings lightly flapping, she eyed it as she placed her muzzle to the ground, smelling the sweet scent of Sonic and the other hedgehogs nearby, but mostly preoccupied with this other creature...

The butterfly softly began to paw it's leg out on the blade of grass, moving a bit before Instinct Amy's eyes widened at the moment.

She then nipped at it, but only with a slight huff and faint bark, as it flew off and she happily chased it on all fours.

She tripped a time or two but kept at it, jumping up in the air to try and catch it as she nipped, huffing in her joy and spinning around as it landed on a tree branch.

Far from her reach, it seemed content.

Sonic, also in Instinct form, was mostly being territorial as Instinct Amy played, looking around and scanning for any unfamiliar scents.

Especially a foreign smell... like a roaming male.

He was also bent down and balancing himself with his arms in the front of himself, trying to hear for Shadow or Silver in the distance.

This was a usual routine. If Amy was triggered into Instincts, the three usually were as well, and they just listened to their 'Others' as they told them to guard her.

Protection... protection... protection...

Instinct Sonic was growing bored of this, as he growled to the side of his mouth.

'Don't get any funny ideas...' Sonic cautioned his instinct form, feeling him grow a little anxious.

Instinct Sonic looked up, hearing the thought from his 'Other' and huffed from his nose, disregarding him.