Chapter 17

Instincts

Ch. 25

By: Cutegirlmayra (Wow, I've got a LOT to write about before I leave... which is in a few weeks, so maybe I should just make this one freakin' huge chapter and finish this story now? I'll try. Sorry for not posting anything for a while, it's been crazy with all the mission stuff coming in. I want to enjoy life a little longer with my friends and all before I leave for a year and a half, completely cut off from the world –including the internet! D: make sure you guys check out my profile and get my new email for my mission! That's the only way to contact me after Dec.3rd!- I'll miss you all so much! I enjoyed writing this story, but it was a very love-hate relationship XD I don't like all the ...well... stuff, I had to include in this story xP but I'm glad you all loved my idea, and I hope the ending is enough for you guys :3 I can't wait to hear from you all!

So here!

The last chapter!

Of Instincts!)

The three were all teleported to the Eggman airship, and looked around.

There wasn't much but some guns and a huge entrance from the front and back, and a long beam that seemed to lead to a building and a steam pipe, pumping out smoke from the engines below. Everything was metal as well, either a black, grey, or a darker shade of grey, but everything was held together by steel and bolts.

"Let's find Data. That's our main concern right now." Sonic stated, about to take off, seeming pretty serious, before being stopped by Shadow reaching out and grabbing his arm for a moment.

"What about if there are more of him?" Shadow stated, as Sonic looked back, and then down, thinking...

"We can't let Eggman make them all killers!" Silver firmly stated, holding a fist up. "We have to do something!"

"Data first!" Sonic looked back to Silver, and then glared to Shadow, "If we run into any children... let's just teleport them back to safety. For Amy's sake, and are own. They may be mutants, but... they're still just kids." Sonic concluded.

Shadow let go of his arm. "And if they engage? Then what? They could already be lost to Eggman's brainwashing."

"The more we talk, the worst they get then." Sonic was getting tried of him holding him back for these questions, even if they were important, Sonic didn't want to think about it till he had to make that decision then and there.

"You guys... they are... ours." Silver put his hand down, and looked away. "Can we all just think a moment about that? They are... our flesh and blood. They may already be slaves to Eggman, but they have half of each of us in them! We can't just destroy them! It would be heartless!"

"Have you all changed your minds this suddenly?!" Shadow shouted out, looking to both of them, being surprised by their words. "Though they may have been created through our DNA, they are not OURS. If they can be spared, then so be it. If not, then I cannot dwell on the fact that my blood may run through their veins. I am no father to anyone. I am the ultimate lifeform, and my blood is cursed, and unholy. I have no descendants, and have no wish for them to be given my curse through my blood. If they engage, no matter how many they may be... I will fight." Shadow's resolution made the other two nervous; as they looked down, unable to shake from their minds the fact that whoever they face could be their sons, as easily as Shadow could see them as abominations.

"You may not have chosen for them to come into this world, Shadow." Sonic began, and then stepped forward, looking Shadow dead in the eye. "But they are here. And though you may not want to admit it, they are not just your responsibility. I won't let you be a murderer to innocent lives. They fight because that's all they may know. We don't even know if they exist! Or if it's just Data that survived. All we know, or at least... I know, is that I won't attack unless I'm certain there is no hope for them. If you can't have a heart to choose that for yourself, then think of Amy. Have a heart for her sake. You are right, Shadow. They truly may not be our own... by they are hers. And she accepts them as such.... Would you be willing to kill her children? Instead of thinking they are your own to take as you so please?"