life changes.

"I don't know if I can do this anymore." you admitted, sighing.

"What's going on?" Scott asked, looking up from his phone.

You shook your head, your throat tightening as you thought about everything that was going on. So many negative thoughts were running through your head, and you didn't know what to do. You felt a few tears welling up in your eyes, but you quickly wiped them away.

"My relationship isn't working." you finally replied. "And I don't know how much longer I can deal with it."

"What's going on?" Mitch questioned, getting out of his seat and sitting down next to you, putting a comforting hand on your shoulder.

"Avi and I just...I don't know what to do. I feel like I'm nothing more than a second choice or a rebound, you know? I know that he still has feelings for his ex, and I can't handle it. I knew going into it, and for some reason, I stupidly thought that I would be able to help him get over her, but it only seems like it's gotten worse."

"Have you talked to him about it?" Scott asked.

"I've tried to, but he just kind of brushes it off and acts like it isn't a real problem, when it is."

"You need to confront him." Mitch said. "You need to tell him how you feel and tell him how he's upsetting you."

"If you don't tell him what's going on and how you feel, nothing is going to happen." Scott added.

"You guys are right." you nodded, getting out of your seat. "I'll go home, I'll get him to come over, and then we can talk. I'm a little nervous because I'm not one for confrontation, but I'll do my best."

"Good luck." Mitch smiled, hugging you. "We believe in you."

Once Mitch released you, you headed out the door and walked back to your apartment. You pulled your phone out of your pocket while you were walking and dialled Avi's number. You bit your nails as you waited for him to pick up.

"Hey." he answered.

"Hey." you replied, your throat suddenly feeling dry.

"What's going on? You sound upset."

"I was wondering if you could come over. I need to talk to you about something."

"Uh oh. That doesn't sound good."

"Just come over as soon as you can, okay?"

"Um...okay. I'll be there in a few minutes."

"Okay."

You hung up and jogged the rest of the way home so you'd get there before Avi. Once you got to your apartment door, you unlocked it, kicked your shoes off, and went into the kitchen, sitting down on the counter and twiddling your thumbs.

After a few minutes, you heard the front door open. Avi walked in, shutting the door behind him. He kicked his shoes off and walked into the kitchen, his hands in his pockets.

"So, what's up?" he asked, standing in front of you.

"Look, Avi...I-I don't know if I can do this for much longer." you replied, looking down at your hands. "It's too much."

"What are you talking about?"

"This whole relationship just feels...wrong. I feel like I'm just some rebound. And I know that it can be hard to get over an ex sometimes, but-"

"Wait. That's what this is about?"

"Yeah." you nodded, finally looking up at him.

"I...I don't know what to say."