V

V

"you put the boom-boom into my heart. you send my soul sky high when your lovin' starts."

-Wake Me Up Before You Go Go

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

THE CROWD ROARED WHEN WE stepped into the casino. Some of them calling our names resulting smiles on our faces. We halted into a stop all a sudden. I peeked pass Danny to see Merritt arguing with one of the agents.

'Oh great,' I thought.

"What's going on?" Jack asked behind me.

"Merritt."

Jack nodded promptly.

I tapped my foot impatiently when I heard someone calling my name beside me. I turned to face the voice and saw a little boy beaming at me with a pen and notebook in his hands.

"You want me to sign it?" I asked the boy.

He replied by nodding his head. I dropped down to my knees.

"Its really hard to sign in these handcuffs." I told the boy.

The boy motioned to try. He gave me his pen.

"Okay," I held it. "Turn the notebook around please." The boy followed.

The pen touched the notebook and swirled.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I signed a notebook in handcuffs.

I felt the pen taken out of my grip. The boy went to my side and showed me my signature. Frankly speaking, it looked horrible.

"Oh, that's horrible." I commented. The boy bowed his head down. I frowned, feeling bad for him. Then, an idea popped into my mind. I grinned at it. I motioned him to come closer and I whispered into his ear. "There will be a second act in New Orleans. I could give you a free ticket for you and your family and sign your notebook properly." I smiled at him. "What do you say, bud?"

He nodded and gave me a toothy grin.

"What's your name?"

"Charles." He replied in a small voice.

"Well, Charles, I am looking forward to meeting you in New Orleans!"

Charles wrapped his arms around my neck and gave me a hug.

"Stand up." Someone said and roughly pushing me down.

"Hey!" Jack yelled beside me. "Don't do that to her!"

I looked up to see one of the shit-faced agents grinning and looking proud of what he's done. My eyes shifted to Charles, who fell on his butt, and his eyes looking at me.

I crawled towards him when the agent pulled me back.

"Let go of me!" I yelled at the agent. "Charles, hey," I called out to him. "Are you okay, buddy?"

He replied by pointing at his bottom and shook his head.

I turned to face the agent. "You've just hurt a little boy, agent." I said bitterly. In the corner of my eye, I could see Jack comforting Charles. "What do you have to say for yourself?"

The agent shrugged with a teasing grin on his face.

That's it, he crossed the line.

I rose up to my feet and jumped on the agent, knocking him down. I elbowed him in the ribs."You." Jab. "Little." Jab. "Piece." Jab. "Of." Jab. "Shit.". I was about to continue elbowing him when two people pulled me back. "You're disgrace." I spat at him. Everyone was quiet. They were all looking at the scene I made. My eyes drifted to Charles, who was now with his parents.