Fifth Attempt

"Mommy, where are you?" Tears continued to stream down my cheeks as I continued moping.

"Why aren't you coming back?"

Crowds... Monsters... Crowds of monsters. They're monsters. They're going to hurt me.

That's why I have to avoid them. That's why I need to disassociate myself from the crowd. All I need is myself.

------

"I should've said no, Jana." I said, rubbing my forehead tiredly. "The festival will be crowded, for goodness sake!"

Jana tilted her head as a response.

"That means me having a stupid panic attack!" I continued. "Oh god. Dazai will see my frenzied state and
he'll definitely think that I'm insane. And there goes my friendship."

She let out a sound of disapproval.

"Did you just roll your eyes at me?" I asked her, poking her stomach. "Ah, really."

I shook my head. I'm going nuts.

I really want to meet Dazai but how can I do that if I'm too scared to even step outside my house?

"Arf arf!" Jana said, licking my cheek.

"Yes, yes. I shouldn't be a sore loser and go cancel our date." I patted her head. "... I guess I just need to woman up."

I rose up my bed and picked the Pomeranian up from my stomach. "I'll go check out some yukata to wear. You're coming?"

"Arf! Arf!"

-------

Dazai showed his charming smile and held out a hand. The opposite shook his hand and flashed a small, awkward smile.

"Hello! I'm Dazai Osamu! We met at last." He flashed a wink, keeping their hands clasped together. "I knew it! You're so beautiful, Reader. Speaking of that, can you tell me your name already?"

"Buzzer!" The bob cut haired female said, shaking her head.

"What did I do wrong this time?" Dazai moaned in frustration. "This is the 25th time!"

"Twenty sixth!" Ranpo corrected, raising a hand while he spun on his wheeled chair.

Dazai just gave him a look, turning back to Akiko.

"You asked too much question." She said, brushing her hair back. "According to my small interaction with her and your description of her, she's a shy person who will probably run when questioned like that." She hit Dazai with a folded newspaper. "Let's try it again!"

"Wait!" Atsushi shouted, making everyone turn their head towards him. "Why do I have to be the girl!?"

He wore a pink pastel dress that reached his knee and a brown wig to match it.

"You have the most feminine body here." All said in unison.

"And we want to tease you." Ranpo added, holding out one boisterous laughter.

Everyone poked fun at the young man except for one. A certain brunette who was in deep thoughts as nervousness crept onto his being.

"...I'll take a break." Dazai concluded, walking to the door. "Thanks for the help!~" he added in a less enthusiastic non-Dazai way.

'What if she changed her mind?' He asked himself, leaning on the wall of the hallway.

"I'm scared." He told himself, closing his eyes. "For the first time in my life, I'm scared."