Chapter 32

*****************************
HEY GUYS HOW ARE YOU? IT HASN'T BEEN THAT LONG ONLY A WEEK. I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER!! IT'S SNOWING HERE IN NEW YORK SO YOU KNOW IT'S FREEZING. :]]]]]]]

COMMENT
VOTE
FAN
FOLLOW

*************

"Scusi come stai?" The cook said. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion not knowing what she said.

"I....um I'm sorry I don't understand what are you saying" I apologized to the cook. She gave me a sincere look and continued chopping the carrots.

"I said how are you in Italian that is my home country" she replied. She did speak fluent English but her Italian accent comes out in a couple of words.

Reminds me of Maria.

Oh Maria, I miss her so much.

"I'm good thanks for asking how about you?" I asked. Taken back by her reaction instead of answering she just took another vegetable and chopped it up.

"I'm molto bene" she smiled. Not knowing what that means I still smiled so I wouldn't make her uncomfortable.

"It means very good" she laughed catching up on my expressions. I laughed also knowing that this conversation can get awkward by the minute.

"You look a lot like your mother" she randomly said. I immediately brought all my attention up to her.

My Dad's 'people' doesn't know my mom but Ricardo.

Not that I know more

"How do you know my mom?" I curiously asked. She looked sideways to see if anyone was looking or there.

"Your Dad has a Painting of her on his office, he alw-"

"Did you eat already Cal?" My Dad interrupted. I looked at Laura and she acted like if we'd hadn't communicated in such way.

"No, not yet" I answered. He went over to the huge refrigerator and took out an Orange juice.

"Aren't you going to give me one?" I asked. He gave me a look then started to chuckle.

"Um what's wrong with your legs they aren't working?" He laughed. Sometimes I feel like he's my brother. Which is very cool and gross simultaneously.

"Very funny" I sarcastically said.

"Cal let's go hurry Ricardo is waiting for us, we'll eat at the mall if you want to but we have to go" He said putting on his coat.

"Can I borrow one of your Coats?" I asked. He took off the coat he was currently putting on and gave it to me.

"But Dad then you will be cold" I whined.

"It doesn't matter you'll buy a lot of coats at the mall and I'll get mine back so let's go I have a meeting at 3" He said. I walked out through the door and wandered through the halls finding the elevator.

"Finally" My Dad said entering the elevator. Once we got in, classic music automatically starts playing.

"Like the music?" My Dad said putting a little dance together making me laugh.

"It's corny" I laughed.

"Well I can't put Ed Sheeran or Bruno Mars here Cal I have to be professional when it comes to my job" He explained.

"I know, but it would be nice to put some Pop but I get it Dad I get it hows Grammy Irwin?"I asked changing the subject.

"She actually asked for you but I told her you were fine at your moms house" he said.