Germany Ruins Everything

Just so you know guys, I have nothing against Germany.  It's just. . . you'll see later.  Anyway, who wants to see a picture of me in my new Harley Quinn dress?  It's so cute!  Also, check out my covers, guys!  

She was at a carnival. It was late at night, and all the children were just beginning to go home. The music played loud and the lights burned bright. She closed her eyes, and the smell of popcorn and cotton candy drifted into her nose. She opened her eyes again and sees him. He stands in front of a carousel with his hands in his pockets. He's wearing a pair of light blue skinny jeans and a black T-shirt. His hair is smoothed down, and she can just barely see the green tint in it while surrounded by the impending darkness. She watches as the horses pull to a slow stop.

"Puddin'!" she yells as she runs to him. A little girl jumped off of her white horse and ran to him.

"Daddy!" she yells. Harley slowed as she approached him.

"Daddy! That was so fun! I got to ride my favorite horsey!" the little girl shouted as she jumped into her father's waiting arms.

"That was? How fun was it?"

"Super fun! Come on, I wanna' go again. You come too," the little girl said as she wriggled onto the ground and started pulling on his hand. "Come on! You can ride the brown horsey." The man looked up at Harley for the first time. Their eyes locked for a moment.

"I'm sorry," he said. "Can I. . . can I help you?" It wasn't him. It wasn't even close. The glint of green she had seen on his hair was gone. She could have sworn. . .

"No, um, no," she stammered, finally breaking eye contact with him. "I just, I just thought you were someone else."

"Come on, Daddy," the girl said, pulling on his arm harder. She looked to see the disturbance and saw Harley for the first time.

"You're beautiful," she said, her voice filled with amazement. Harley looked down and saw herself in another Alice dress. She didn't know what to say.

"Hey, are you like a fairy or somethin'?"

"Honey, I'm sure this nice lady had other things she would like to do-"

"No, no, it's okay," Harley said as she squatted down to look in the girl's eyes.

"I'm not a fairy," she said in a gentle tone.

"You're not?"

"I'm not. I'm not a fairy and I don't have pixie dust and I can't fly or anything like that. But do you know what I'm going to do?"

"What?" the little girl asked.

"I'm going to save the world from some very bad people. You see, these people, they think that being normal is a good thing. They think that if you're normal, you'll be happy. They say that if you're normal, that's all there is. You're happy, everyone's happy, and nothing could be better. They're lying. There's something much, much more amazing than being normal. I have seen things, things that you would never imagine unless I showed you. They're beautiful."

"Like what?" she asked, her eyes wide.

"Well, I've seen mermaids and fairies." The little girl gasped.

"I thought you said you weren't a fairy."

"I'm not, but I know people who are. And I know all the superheroes."

"Like Batman?"

"Someone much better than Batman."

The little girl gave Harley a hug.

"I don't like Batman. He's scary. Thank you, not fairy lady. I want you to take me with you when you go see those pretty things, 'K?"

"Okay." She stood up. The girl's father was gone along with everyone else. The only noise left was the gentle chords from an old music player.

"Show me now," the girl said as she held up her hand towards Harley.

"Deutschland, Deutschland über alles über alles in der Welt."

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"