way 5

he pushed the cake batter into the oven and let out a sigh. he never realised that baking was this tiring.

he glanced over at you smiling. surprised that you weren't even breaking a sweat.

he checked the recipe the both of you had used.

total bake time was 40 minutes.

he wondered how he was going to keep himself occupied for such a long period of time.

you turned to him and laughed after looking at the expression he had on his face.

his ears perked up at the sound.

there was a laugh you did when you were embarrassed.

a laugh you did when someone had said something that didn't make sense.

a laugh where something had tickled you funny.

a laugh you used around your family.

a laugh you had when you found him adorable.

and the last laugh he heard was that.

but he was confused, just what did you find adorable about him?

he stood there awkwardly as you held up a finger and asked him to wait in the kitchen.

you soon came back with a speaker and your ipod.

you connected them both and turned the volume up.

soon, the melodious sound of drumming and the strumming of guitars filled the room, followed by the vocal.

he raises an eyebrow at your sudden weird behavior but you took his hands in yours and started to spin around the kitchen.

he gasped in alarm.

the sudden movement took him by surprise and he struggled to regain his composure.

you just laughed at the sight and continued spinning around.

he finally took initiative, released one of your arms and made you perform a small spin before he dipped you lightly.

your cheeks were rosy and you were laughing as he dipped you.

after pulling you back up, he demanded you dip him too.

you snorted and shook your head.

he then wrapped his arms around you and lift you up and spun you around in time to the music.

when he set you back down, he turned you around and threw his arms around your shoulders.

you clutched your sides as you rested your head against taehyung's chest, trying to regain your breath from all the laughing.

he gently rested his chin on top of your head.

"i love you" taehyung laughed.

time seemed to slow down.

you pulled away and stared at him with wide eyes.

taehyung's eyes widened when he realised what he had just said.

"when we do this," he quickly spluttered out, trying to find and excuse for the sudden confession of feelings.

he continued to sway again, but this time completely out of time with the upbeat music.

but you couldn't take your eyes off him.

the three words he had just said continued to swirl around in your head.

you stared deeply into his face.

you longed to hear him say them again.

he wondered what came over him.

was it the mood of the room?

or the light in your eyes?

still, he did not regret it.

those words only belonged to you.

out of the corner of his eye, he could clearly see that you wanted him to say it again.

but once was enough for today.

he would slowly increase it.

he would say it so many times that you wouldn't need to hear it again.

you wouldn't need to hear it again because you knew it in your heart that whatever he said was true.

he glanced at you again.

"i love you"

he looked away and let out a small smile.

how could he pretend he didn't see you when you wouldn't stop looking at him.

--------------------------------------------------------------

5. blurt it out in the middle of an impromptu dance party in the kitchen, as clumsy as your two left feet. when time seems to freeze, hastily tack on, "in that shirt" or "when you make you award-winning meatballs", or, if you're participate brave, "when we do this." resume dancing and pretend you don't feel her eyes on you for the rest of the night.
- r. mckinley