Chapter 5

Recap

I slowly get up, making as little noise as possible. I don't lose time, I turn on my heels and start walking. Too bad it didn't go that way: before I even had time to start walking I smashed on something rock hard, and fell butt first on the ground.

<<What the... >> seeing what or better who I crashed on made me lose the ability to talk.

A tall man, with dark hair was towering over me. He had a scar that ran from the left side of his lip to his chin. But his most scary trait were his light blue frosty eyes.

Seeing how scared I was, his face contorted in a sinister smile, that made him seem even more grim.

I was in big, huge, enormous trouble.

Chapter 5

Not liking my position of submission I quickly stand up and I start retreating, feeling the need to get as far as I could from this man.

<<Tsk tsk leaving so soon? >> His voice sounds smooth and silky, but it's cold like ice. My body covers in goosebumps, hearing the emptiness of his voice. It wasn't normal for someone to have such an... I would say emotionless voice, for lack of better words.

I could feel panic lurking on the surface, ready to emerge.

The worst part is that he didn't even threaten me or say anything major yet.

Damn, damn, damn! Ok, ok I need to calm down now and think clearly. Maybe he's just an innocent bypasser, no need to panic just yet.

Oh, who am I kidding?! he looks anything but an innocent bypasser.

<<What is it, cat got your tongue? >> he still wore that scary emotionless smirk, it seemed as if he was talking about the weather. He was toying with me, because he knew I had no chance to win with him.

I need to be smart if I want to have a chance.

<<I-I was looking for a friend>> damn, why did I have to stutter. He kept staring at me, and didn't bother to answer me.

<<Well, I'll be going... my friends must be looking for me>>. Telling him that, if something happened to me, there would be someone looking for me might deter him.

He seemed unfazed by what I said, he just stood there immobile as if I hadn't said anything at all.

His unresponsiveness was creepy and confusing at the same time. After what felt like an eternity of stunned silence, I start relaxing a little.

So maybe, after all, he is a very, very weird innocent bypasser.

I blow through my cheeks and I start making my way towards the club, without bothering with his unresponsiveness.

I keep myself on the right, and I start walking around the car, in order to avoid him completely.

As I'm rounding the corner I stop in my tracks, when I notice that scar guy is standing in front of me, with not even two meters separating us.

How is this possible?! he was right behind me, on the other side of the car...

I turn to survey the spot I had last seen him in, and quite regrettably it was empty.

How on earth did he get here that fast?! Could I really have been so distracted to not notice him move?

My line of thoughts is suddenly interrupted when he starts advancing towards me.