Chapter 3

Chapter 3

The chilly air of the morning, as unpleasant as it may be, is helping me to wake up. Too bad that school starts so early in the morning. I'm really not a morning person.

I quickly get in my car and I start making my way towards school.

A few weeks passed from the sleepover with Jenni. It was a fun night, and I think we both needed it to chear our selves up.

In the end, as I had predicted, Jenni was the first to fall asleep during the movie. Unfortunately, I followed her shortly after, but that didn't matter since the bet stated that the first of us falling asleep would lose.

So in the end I was rewarded with my chocolate strawberries.

I sigh in contentment at the thought of it.

Kathy was back from Grece, so we started hanging out together again. The three of us fell back into our routine. That involved a lot of sleep overs, movie marathons, water fights, sports (as we all are very much into sports) and so on...

Both her and Jenni helped to keep my mind free. After the incident with the "light" I thought I saw at the Richardson's, I've been going crazy.

I mean, every time I pass by their house I avoid looking at it, because I'm afraid that I might see something that I shouldn't again and that would just be an ulterior proof that I am going crazy.

I even stopped running in order to avoid a repeat of what happened last time.

I'm not sure if Jenni and Kathy sensed something, but if they did they're not showing it.

I thought about telling them everything and that night at the sleepover, I was about to, but after Jenni's story I didn't want to bother her with this.

In addition telling them about it would only make everything more real, and somehow that scares me. As long as I don't talk about it, I can pretend that it never happened. I know this isn't the right way to deal with it, but right now I'm not ready to face it and bring back unwanted memories.

I shake my head, trying to ease my mind and I put my attention back on the road.

I turn to enter into the school's parking lot, when unexpectedly a sudden flash of black appears in front of me, startling me.

I immediately slam on the brakes trying to avoid whatever came on the road. I hear the ear-splitting screech of my brakes and my body is thrown forwards into the seat belt.

Everything happened so fast that my mind didn't have time to process it.

One moment I was driving peacefully and the next thing I know, a black motorbike was crossing my way. Literally coming out of nowhere!

Luckily I wasn't driving very fast so I managed to stop in time, but still i wasn't quick enough. I wasn't able to completely avoid the bike.

The slight push of contact made the motorbike and its owner fall on the ground.

I let out a sight of relief. This could have ended really badly. I mean yes, the guy did fall on the ground, but it could have been a lot worse.

With shaky hands I fumble with my seat belt and I try to detach myself, so That I can get out of the car and help the guy, but i stop when i realize that he was already standing.

He swiftly pushes up his visor and lock's his dark brown eyes on mine, giving me a death glare. His eyes were full of anger. By the way his fists were clasped you could see he was furious.