Chapter 4:Lunch Time Anger

Here's chapter four!

Dedicated to Crazed_llama because she is amazing and so is her story!

Megan on the side.

 Chapter four:Lunch Time Anger

The shrill sound of the bell ringing cuts through the silence, making me jump in my seat. I was so focused on my art that I didn't notice the time passing by so quickly.

"Finally! I'm starving!" Megan yells, jumping out of her seat.

"Jeez Megan, you don't have to be so loud!" Rachel complains, as she gently pushes on Megan's shoulder.

"I just like to be heard," Megan smiles a toothy grin, while giving a playful wink.

"Obviously," I say, more to myself than to anyone, but they still hear. Rachel smiles a knowing smile while Megan playfully glares.

"Whatever! I'm just cooler than y'all," She says brightly, as she turns on the spot and struts out of the class.

"Whatever floats your boat," Rachel yells at her retreating figure. With her back still to us, she raise her hand and gives us the finger. Rachel and I laugh, as we speed walk trying to catch up with her.

"Man, that girl is special," I say to Rachel, shaking my head in amusement. I feel myself start to lose the tension and nerves that had been haunting me. I was no longer too worried about making new friends, for I felt that I fit in with Rachel and Megan, and if they were anything like their other friends, I would quickly befriend them as well.

"She really is." Rachel agrees, pushing people out of our way to get to Megan. Man, was she ever a fast walker.

 "You guys are so mean to me!" Megan whines, giving us both evil glares, when we reach her.

"That's cause we love you!" Rachel sings as she puts her arms around Megan's shoulders.

"That doesn't even make sense!" Megan exclaims with raised eyebrows, giving her a dubious look.

"Just pretend it does, sweetie," Rachel smirks, patting Megan's head. 

"Don't touch the hair!" Megan screams at the top of her lungs. Everyone in the hall stops and gives Megan an odd look. Rachel bows her head, creating a screen between her and everyone else. She is obviously embarrassed. I could have some fun with this.

"Shut. The. Hell. Up!" I scream right back at her, making sure to stare right at Rachel. If it was even possible her cheeks turned a darker shade of red.

"Why don't you?" She screams, waving her hands around, which only cause more people to look at us.

"Guys, you're making a scene! Stop!" Rachel hisses, covering her face. Megan and I look at each other and then collapse into a fit of giggles. I was filled with a strong wave of happiness, but also a wave of surprise. I had never been one to cause a scene, but something about Megan and her free-spirited aura, just made me feel more at ease and willing to step out of my comfort zone.

"You guys are so embarrasing." Rachel moans, her head still down and cheeks still red.

"Oh come on. Live a bit!" Megan says, twirling around her.

"Yeah seriously," I say, nodding my head enthusiastically. 

"But this is really embarrasing!" 

"Whatever!" Megan chimes throwing her hair over her shoulder. Rachel just shakes her head, as if  we are missing her point. Megan and I look at each other and giggle.