Chapter 4

~Jakob's POV~

Ugh! Tears won't stop coming down my face. Chloe can't leave! I love her too much, but I need her to be happy. This hell of an orphanage is treating neither of us well, so at least she can be okay.

After a few minutes of me sitting down with Trevor, Chloe comes back. "I'll really miss you" She says giving me another hug. "But I have one question," I nod my head, "Are we breaking up? or..."

"Well, uh. I guess. But we're still best friends though," I said. "But I hope you have a safe trip."

We all say our farewells and Chloe leaves. She gone. Or at least for me. I don't get to read anymore of her stories or hear her amazing voice when she reads them. She's gone.

Trevor and I sit back down and watch people come in and out. After a few minutes of listening to dozens of different voices and spacing out, I realize I'm not crying anymore. I guess that's good, but the terror of remembering that Chloe isn't with me anymore will haunt me. Stupid emotions.

Trevor and I were talking when a tall guy, that looked fairly familiar, walked up to us. "Hi, are either of you Jakob?" He asked. My eyes popped wide open.

"I'm Jakob," I said.

"Oh. Well I'm Dallon," The guy said, "I was looking through some of the papers near the front and I was wondering if I could adopt you."

"Well, I guess," I said glancing over at Trevor, "I'll just go pack."

Dallon nodded and I left to my room. I walk down the halls to get my stuff together.

But why does he look and sound so familiar?! It's killing me. What if he's famous? Nah, impossible. A famous person wouldn't adopt a train wreck like me. But why would anyone adopt me?

I gather my stuff together as tears fill my eyes, realizing that I'm leaving Trevor.

I walk to the front office to meet Dallon to sign papers and stuff, but before I do that, I walk to Trevor. "You've made it this far," He said giving me a hug.

"No," I say starting to cry again, "We've made it this far," I pulled away from the hug.

"You have no idea how much I'll miss you."

"Me too," I say, "But we'll surely see each other again. Now I have to go, but I'll see you soon."

"Bye."

Tears aren't going down my face. They're just filling and burning my eyes. But I never thought it would be so hard to leave this place. All the memories and the scars are all here. The scars on my wrists and the scars on my heart don't seem to fade away.

I finally get over to the front office and Dallon is sitting in in one of the waiting chairs. "Hi," I said.

"Hey," He said looking up from his phone, "They said we have to wait for a bit as they get all the papers together. If you want, we could get to know each other," Dallon said. He seems nice, but I know who he is! I just can't put my finger on it.

"Okay sure," I said, "But you seem oddly familiar. Are you in a band or something?"

He chuckled. "Yes I am. Ever heard of Panic! At The Disco?" He said smiling. I guess he assumes that I know that band.

"Nope. Never heard of them."

Dallon's face went from a smile to a frown a snap. He looked genuinely confused. "Where would you know me from then?" He asked.

We thought for a second. "Wait. What's your last name?" I questioned.

"Weekes."

My eyes shot wide open. "The Brobecks! You're from that band! Oh my God! My brother and I were fucking obsessed with that band!" I shouted. Oops, I let out my inner fanboy.

"Profanity!" Dallon smiled and rolled his eyes. "So you've heard of my old band, that was nowhere near popular, but you don't know Panic," He said, "That's a first."

"I haven't heard your music in years. I didn't even know you were still an active artist."

"Anyways, what bands or artists do you listen to?" Dallon asked me.

"Um. I like Halsey, Drake, Peirce The Veil, The Brobecks, Nirvana, Sinatra, All Time Low, Flor, and Troye Sivan," I said. Lol, those aren't even all of them.

"Wait, you like Sinatra?" Dallon asked. He seems very "confuzzled" about what I'm saying.

I pull down the zipper of my jacket. I'm wearing my dad's old Frank Sinatra shirt. "I don't just like Sinatra. He vocally gifted!" I said zipping back up my jacket.

"You are going to just love Brendon."

After a few minutes of just talking about music and me kind of "fangirling" Dallon had to sign a few papers and POOF! I'm his son. I don't even know much about him, I just like his music. I don't even think I've heard the name "Dallon Weekes" before. Again I say, I only liked the music. Plus I was really young when I listened to him.

So now I'm Jakob Weekes. That sounds cool. Jakob Weekes. Say it with me now. Jakob Weekes. I can't hear you! Jacob Weekes! Never mind. Those were just the voices in my head. (A/N: Ba! Dum! Tsss!)