Prologue

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

.⌒ .⌒ .⌒ .⌒
∫. ∫. ∫. ∫.

𝒫𝓇𝑒𝓉𝑒𝓃𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒱𝒾𝓁𝓁𝒶𝒾𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 𝒾𝓈 𝐻𝒶𝓇𝒹!

PROLOGUE

I was running - running towards the moonlit forest. I could feel my body getting exhausted.

Was I being chased?

I looked around. There was nobody at the back, just flickers of light. Were those lights moving? I could not tell.

I faced ahead. There was someone in front of me. He has black hair. Tall and slim. He was holding - no, clutching onto my left hand.

He was dragging me.

I tried but cannot remove his tight grip on me. We were running to head somewhere, but I do not know or want to know where exactly.

I shouted at him, "Hey, f*ckface! 'Ya tryin' to help me or kill me?" I have no idea I was capable of constructing such vulgar sentences.

"Where the hell are you taking me?" I said while trying to match his pace. If I didn't move, I'd be having lots of wounds, besides the small ones I'm getting from shrubs and roots and everything else; this person has no intention of halting.

Without facing me, he seemed to mutter something.

"I ... you ... to die..." was all I could decipher. He has a smooth but monotonous voice.

"Lemme do my sh*t! Those f*cky f*cktards should get what they deserve! Let me go back you sh*tty bullsh*t g@*d+mn cr*pface!" I desperately tried to pry off his fingers one by one using my free hand, but it still had no effect. As I continued attempting to break loose, I noticed something hooked on my right wrist.

Was that an umbrella?

Then, my attention went to the shouting from a distance, and dogs. Angry dogs. Like the ones from the movies. The dogs would sniff out and chase the bad do-ers and maul them. I always have admired these dogs and I absolutely think they're cool.

Welp, definitely not cool now. It seemed like they were hunting for us. Though comparing the mess that I have on my clothes, like the blood which I thought was not mine on my collar and chest part, to his unscathed back, the pursuers seemed to be searching for me, specifically.

Was I the bad do-er?

We sped up a little and at last we arrived at our destination. It was dark with little light provided by the full moon so all I could make up in the surroundings were trees and bushes and soil. While both of us caught our breaths, he pulled me in front of him.

The moonlight shined upon his eyes, and they were all I could perceive on the illumination. His gaze was spelling "worried" and "angry" at the same time. As I was about to lose eye contact, I was transfixed by the colors of his eyes. They were not similar. The one on my right was blue, and the other one was green.

Heterochromia?

He put his hands on my shoulder, rather painfully, and asked me. I heard words like "purpose" and "hurt".

He continued asking but I couldn't understand his words clearly.

I was about to open my mouth, probably to start my argument with a curse, but the lights chasing us were becoming brighter and the sound of dogs barking were getting louder.

The hunters were approaching. They could be here any second.

He stopped shaking me and decided to lightly push me backwards repeatedly. So I stepped back, back, and back while staring at him.

Until I heard it.

The sound of waves. Behind and way below.

We're on a cliff. On an extremely high cliff.

"I don't know how to swim!" I pleaded, this time with proper language.

The barking and shouting was very audible.

I saw a glimpse of the pursuers. I'm not certain if I was frozen by the fact that I could not swim, or by the coldness emanating from his gaze. He ignored my whining and kicked me in the chest, Spartan-style. I looked at his chimera eyes as he mouth something.

I was not able to utter anything else except "F*ck you!" as I plummet into the darkness.

𝒫𝓇𝑒𝓉𝑒𝓃𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒱𝒾𝓁𝓁𝒶𝒾𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 𝒾𝓈 𝐻𝒶𝓇𝒹!

Copyright © 2020 by Ummy_90 (Wattpad)

All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the author except for the use of brief quotations in a book review.

.⌒ .⌒ .⌒ .⌒
∫. ∫. ∫. ∫.

Author's Special Message for the Special Readers ♥ :

Greetings, best readers of the galaxy~☆!

This is Ummy_90, author of Umbrella She (UmShe)~ (*^ω^*)

I would love to thank all of you for reading UmShe's prologue! I really appreciate the time and effort you put into reading my work! (◎^▽^◎)♪ I thought of this story back when I was in second grade hehe~ I wrote the prologue way back and I'm thinking of continuing the story now (2020).

I would be even more happier if you awesome people upvote, comment on, and/or share UmShe!

Share your thoughts~ I would read all of them!

à bientôt! ♥

Ummy_90

P.S. Amazing characters are gonna be introduced on next updates so stay tuned! ♥