Chapter 2: The Girl Who Spoke To Death

"You must have a million questions right now." I spoke calmly.

Her eyes squinted around us trying to make out something-anything in the darkness. She couldn't. Suddenly, she quickly inhaled, "my family."

"They're waiting for you. Praying for you."

"I thought this place was supposed to be filled with bright lights and giant stairways leading to clouds and exotic gods standing with deceased loved ones." She ranted, on the verge of tears at the brutal realisation her 'life' was now darkness.

"That's what the humans tell you. To give you hope. To ease your pain. Make you less scared." I go to put a comforting hand on her shoulder but quickly jerk my hand away in realisation.

"What do you mean 'the humans' who are you?" She goes to take a step back and immediately falls back into her former state of insensibility.

The usual force of attraction quickly pulls me to another body. A middle aged man - drug addict, alcoholic, male prostitute. Deserves it.

Ignoring his pleas- "please!","Why me?!","I beg, i'll do anything!" I quickly  touch his hand and lift his now lifeless body into my arms carrying him off to his new home: where he will feel safer, more comfortable and equal.

There is no room for mistake over there. You've already died. No going back.

All anybody has over there is freedom and incredible guilt.

-----
Thanks for reading! Please share, comment, like ❤️

Stay slaying, -B