Chapter 3: The Girl Who Couldn't Escape

I found myself staring. Utter perfection; even when she's dying. One touch is all it would take. She'd be a real angel. She'd leave me.

I need her.

When I wasn't ending other people I spent most of my time watching her. Fascinated. I've met loads of people exactly like her yet she was clinging on. Her only fear being how her family are coping. She was too perfect.

Most days she didn't wake up. Today however, she did.

I was waiting patiently by her body, her spiritual body had woken up behind me. I felt her presence.

Her hand was reaching out to touch me. Slowly tiptoeing towards me to avoid making any noise.

I jerked my body up off the seat. "What are you doing?!" I exclaim. "Do you have a death wish or something you almost killed yourself!"

"Who are you?" She said slowly, my eyes watching her mouth as she says every word. Just one kiss.

I snapped out of it. "I'm your worst nightmare."

She inhaled sharply. "You don't scare me," she said her hands shaking, lip trembling, eyes watering.

"Is that so, darling?" I smirked. She was afraid of me but she didn't know that I wasn't planning on laying a finger on her.

"You have to help me: live." She begs. For a minute I think she's going to get on her hands and knees to plead with me.

"Why would I do that?" I cross my arms, my black coat getting in the way a bit.

"If you wanted me dead you would've done it by now. But you haven't. I'm obviously some use to you if you're living." She mocks how i'm standing so I let go of my arms and straighten up.

"It's not like that." I quickly defend.

"Listen. You have no choice but to be in this world I assume. But, i'm sure you've had lots of people like me, that you want to help escape." She lets a tear roll down her perfect, porcelain-like face.

I sigh. "Here's what you need to know about death. Nobody escapes."

She sobs. This was it for her. There was no going back and she knew it. Even if there was a way, which there isn't what makes her think I would let her go?

She wipes her tears and takes deep breaths to try to calm down.

"You know my name. What should I call you?" Esther croaks, still sniffling.

"Reaper." I proclaimed.

--------

Thank you for joining me with another chapter! Please like, comment, share! It would mean the world.

Quick Note: For this book I envision Troian Bellisario as Esther Davis and Luke Evans as Reaper. Feel free to make edits :)

Instagram- @penwritesbook

Set up this instagram for this book in particular, follow me: I follow back!

Stay slaying, -B