01

The Winter Olympics. It was an honour to be placed on the team. Everyone at home was envious of her but she didn't care.
Joanna sighed as she dropped the golden medal into her suitcase. Anyone else would have been ecstatic with such an achievement, but Joanna wasn't. It wasn't even a proper Olympic medal. It was only an early stage practice medal that were given to the best in each group.
She constantly compared herself to others, especially now.

'why can't I be like Victor.'

Even though she was only fifteen, she wanted to be like him. Perfect.

She sighed and threw herself onto the bed as she began to scroll through her instagram feed.

"GET OUT OF BED! WE HAVE TO GO MEET THE OTHER SKATERS."
Joanna flipped off the bed and screamed in shock when her friend and teammate burst in.

"What the hell, Josephine?!" Joanna yelled  she pulled herself off the floor and walked over to the older girl with a look of annoyance on her face.

"Cheer up, Jo. We have to go meet the other competitors and celebrate your victory!" Josephine said excitedly. Joanna could see how excited she was for her, but that didn't change her mood. She was about to protest and return to the bed when Josephine cut her off.

"Victor is going to be there."

Joanna sighed in defeat and agreed while Josephine jumped around in excitement.
Joanna put on a pair of jeans, a black turtleneck, her track jacked with 'italy' on the back and her adidas superstars and left.

Joanna could hear the commotion from the function room from the elevator and immediately felt like turning back. Josephine quickly caught her by the arm and dragged her along.

"Socialise." Josephine instructed as she walked away from Joanna, leaving her standing alone in the middle of the room. She slowly walked over towards the team with 'USA' imprinted on their jackets and began to socialise. She slowly made her way from team to team and talked to the French and then Irish team. She was in the middle of a conversation with the Irish team when Josephine came over.

"Come with me." Josephine stated.
"It was nice talking to you, good luck tomorrow." Joanna said her farewell and walked away with Josephine.

"What is it?" Joanna asked as she turned to the older girl. She was confused on where they were going and was generally concerned.

"Someone wants to talk to you." Josephine answered in her usual happy tone.
They walked across the room to team Russia. They all greeted her with a congratulations and she thanked them. She was distracted from the conversation when she felt tap on her shoulder. She turned around to meet the white haired man she had idolised.

"Congratulations, your performance was quite amazing." Victor complimented as he smiled. Victor nudged the boy beside him who Joanna recognised as Yuri Plisetsky. He grunted in response and mumbled a 'congrats'. Joanna just smiled and said "thanks."

Josephine and Victor started a conversation while Yuri and Joanna stood awkwardly beside them. Joanna tuned out of their current conversation and looked down at her shoes. She was suddenly shaken from her thoughts when Josephine spoke.

"That would be fun, right Joanna?"
Joanna just mumbled a confused 'yes'.

"Okay, its settled. We'll see you tonight!" Josephine excitedly said as she grabbed Joanna's arm and pulled her away.

"Where are we going?" Joanna questioned as Josephine pulled her into the elevator. "We are going out with Victor and Yuri!" Josephine squealed. "Yuri's your age and everything! It's going to be so much fun!"

Joanna sighed as they re-entered their room.
"We're leaving in an hour so get ready." Josephine said walking into her own room. "Ooh, and dress nice!" She shouted.
Joanna just mumbled and walked over to the closet. She pulled out a white top and purple tennis skirt and got changed. She straightened her hair and sat down on the couch as she mumbled a sarcastic 'this is going to be fun.'

—A/N:

Hello. It's is I. Back again with another fanfic. Seriously though, I have been obsessed with Yuri!!! On ice lately and have fallen in love with Yuri Plisetsky.
BE EXPECTING ANOTHER UPDATE SOON and see you later miei amici!,