ChapterThree

■■■

I walked in late five days later, everyone was crowding over the wrestling mat in the barn. I walked in to see the last of a match between Roy and Glenn.

I stood near the back, Rapp just a few feet in front of me, Smith and Jones to my left.

"Someone quit already?" I murmured to Jones.

"Disqualified." He answered as he continued to watch the sweaty tangle of a match.
Smith finally stepped in about four minutes later.
It was Victor and Fred's turn.
Victor jumped around the Matt, shadow boxing, "You ready to get your ass kicked, Freddy?"

Fred didn't reply, simply walked up and took his stance, he had the build and movements of a wrestler.
Victor just looked like a cocky bastard.

I watched them fight, pretty even until Fred shot his arm under Victor's neck, his left forearm across the back of Victor's head.
The sleeper hold.
Victor grabbed onto Fred's fingers, twisting them with everything he had while turning. It looked as if he was getting the upper hand, but Fred had it all planned out. I took a few steps forward to get a better look.
Fred wrapped his legs around Victor with a scissor lock. I saw a flash of worry across Victor's face, he tried desperately to get out of it, his face turning a shade of red.
Victor started to wake his hand, before I could speak, Fred relaxed, Victor hit Fred right in the face, blood started pouring out from his nose.
I saw Rapp take a step forward ready to act. I quickly grabbed to the sleeve of his t-shirt and pulled him back as Smith stepped up and started yelling. Rapp looked back at me as Victor's laugh filled the room while I walked forward.

"What the hell happened to no blows to the face or dick?" I asked the two Sergeants.

They ignored my question and ordered Glenn and Rapp to the mat.

"I would rather fight Victor." Rapp spoke up from behind me, I crossed my arms across my chest and turned to look up at him.

"You're not running the show around here." Smith snapped.

"He's doing you a favor," Victor said out of breath, "a little pussy like you wouldn't let five seconds against me."

"Let's find out." Rapp said evenly.

"Suicide." Victor said.

"I think you're afraid." Rapp said.

"Shut up, all of you." Smith ordered, "Glenn, get your ass in the mat."

Rapp moved, cutting Glenn off, "I'm confused. Do the rules matter around here? Or does Victor get to do as he pleases?"

"We have rules, dammnit! Now get in the middle of the mat and shut up." Smith ordered.

"Let them fight." I looked at Smith, who looked surprised.

"Alright," Smith said after a pause.

"Do we bother with rules this time, or should I assume Victor will break them?" Rapp asked.

"The head and neck are off limits, damnit!" Smith continued to shout.

"I appreciate the effort, sarge, but I prefer no restrictions." Rapp said.