A Most Capricious Meeting

Kijima yawned as he blearily looked around. He was bored and getting sleepy. It was about time to wrap up shop and he was already mentally scrolling down his contacts list for a girl he was thinking of spending the night with. It wasn’t too late, so he could take some time and sweet her up with a dinner…

Yuriko was nice. Maybe Reina. He could always go with Junko…though she was a little clingy. He shouldn’t chance her.

Kijima groaned and went over his contacts again, thinking about each women and then the pros and cons for each one. He had just been carefully considering Junko hesitantly (she had a great mouth), when his eyes alighted on one Mogami Kyoko speaking to Momose Itsumi and Oohara Airi from some distance away from him. The teen laughed vibrantly and scratched the back of her head in embarrassment.

He had Itsumi and Oohara’s numbers. He briefly considered them, but just as quickly dismissed the thought. They weren’t his type (physically, yes –and though he wasn’t too picky and had slept and gone out with women that weren’t his type, these two just seemed a ‘no’). On the other hand, he gazed in interest on Kyoko, watching her avidly illustrate her point.

She sure was lively, he mused. And adorably expressive.

Initially, he hadn’t thought much of her, except that she was cute and pretty in a normal way. Amongst celebrities that didn’t mean much, but he’d thought it made her a little more unique in that world. And he was a little envious too, as it allowed her to be able to walk around peacefully in the “normal” world without being troubled or recognized. She had the ability to flitter between both worlds, be a normal person and yet also act and be known for her roles.

Kijima would have liked to have been able to be like that. It would be nicer and easier on him to pick a girl out there that wouldn’t come after him or be with him just for his fame, or to move up in the world.

He saw Kyoko move away from the other two females and start in the direction of the exit. He took that as his queue and looked around quickly before making his way after her. He’d caught up to her once they were practically out of the building and it looked like she was walking home.

“Eh, Kyoko-chan, are you walking home tonight?” he called out.

She paused and looked at him quizzically, though still smiling.

“K-Kijima-san! Good evening. Yes, I’m walking home right now.”

He frowned. “But it’s late and dark. It’s dangerous to be walking out, especially for young girls.” He caught up to her and gave her a sincere smile. “How about I give you a ride? I know we don’t talk a lot or interact much, but I would still prefer to drive you home than to let you walk alone at this time of night.”

He saw her still hesitating, so he gave her one more gentle push. “Please, Kyoko-chan? It’ll make me feel better and sure that you’re not going out in danger.”

Of course, he had his ulterior motive and all…but he genuinely was concerned about her walking alone at night like this. He could, at least, give her a ride home. He was the kind of man that tried his best to be a gentleman and had always done his best to treat his woman well and give her the best. He also was the kind who still believed in chivalry.