Guard of the Night

Quick note: As most of you know, this story was written before Sister Location even released- this chapter included. I added a new edit to the description, explaining that from this point onwards this book will be more or less an alternate universe... just a heads up.

Scott had said that he would be leaving for a while to catch up on work, and told the robots not to worry if someone comes by during the night.

But of course they were worried when someone did.

The elevator began to whirl as the clock ticked five 'till twelve. Baby's attention immediately snapped to the sliding doors, and Ballora came up behind her, reassuringly patting her shoulder, "Don't worry, they're not going to hurt is." The taller female murmured. Baby took in an uneasy breath, Taylor slowly walking up to them.

"If you say so." The redhead replied with worry edging her tone.

The elevator door slowly opened, the small, familiar jingle going off as shoes began to click on the floor, echoing in the large room. A man stepped out, his uniform a dark shade of blue, and his cap casting a shadow over his eyes. He glanced around a bit, as if he was recoiling a thought, and glanced at the clipboard he was carrying. The elevator doors began to shut, the man jumped, swiftly turning his head towards the sudden sound. Baby watched with narrowed eyes as the man began to walk again, his breath hitching as he glanced around the room, completely unaware what to expect. He swallowed, and began to walk a bit faster. Ballora, and Taylor's eyes began to trail after the man as well, their bodies engulfed in the shadows.

Baby waited for a few moments, her hand placed firmly against the wall as the man sat down in the mechanical swivel chair Scott had made specifically for the occasion. The clown's eyes never left him as he uneasily muttered to himself and tapped around on a few of the screens, pressing a few buttons- testing to see what they do.

The man's eyes suddenly caught the panel with only two buttons on it, the top one had what seemed to have a sun- or maybe even a flower- on it, and the button on the bottom had a lightning mark. Both symbols glowed, and curiosity getting the best of him, the night-guard slowly reached for the top button, pressing it gently. Light suddenly shone around the area, causing the robots to squint. The man glanced up at the lights- the room being covered in many arrays of color. His breathing became steady and he pressed the bottom button, a bit more confidence in his motion.

Baby felt something shock her, causing her to jump, before she felt her limbs forcing her to turn around. Ballora and Taylor began doing the same shorty afterwards. She tried to speak, but she couldn't, her body completely out of her control. The man glared after them with wonder as the robots were forced out of their hiding places. The machine he was sitting in sounded off with a bit of static, "system recharging" a voice spoke. The man's eyes seemed to glow- how amazing!

Bailey was still frozen in time while his companions climbed the stage, a forced smile on all of their lips. They got in their proper places on the stage and reared down for a few moments only for them all to snap right back up. "Okay, so does anybody know what just happened?" Baby immediately stated after getting control of her body once again. Ballora thoughtfully glanced back where they came from, "I think I saw him press a button on that control panel." She murmured as a reply.

Baby tapped her chin thoughtfully, "Hmm," she hummed quietly, "I want to figure out more about this guy," she murmured, thinking outloud. Ballora gave a slow nod, and eventually, they decided to try a sneaky approach.

---

They neared the corner where they were before, all of them traveling in a group. "What do we do now?" Taylor asked, making sure to make his question hush. Baby furrowed her brows, "just stay quiet, I'll think of something." The redhead whispered.