Chapter 4

"Yes, Master. What do you want me to do? What other act of service can I do for you?" he asked.

The Master said, "You have done well, disciple. That woman and our previous Asian governmental head have got what they deserved. Now, I need you to go to these locations... and don't call me, as I need to make sure that the connection when I call you is safe. Remember to take your gun. Succeed at all costs. You know the stakes that failure has in store for you. Until night time, I need you to get some rest. This night's work will not be as easy as the first target."

"Yes. Perfettamente."

------------------------------------------------------
The sight that awaited Larry was not as gross as he had expected. Apparently, the murderer had made a quick job of it and ran off. This was probably a harder target to catch. The police had cordoned off the area, but it was actually unnessecary because hardly anybody went there, which was one of the reasons why the finance minister and her boyfriend had appealed for the conference to happen there. However, it appears that it backfired, and ended up in her death. Her boyfriend was also known to be powerful, such that he held significant sway in many of the country's internal and external affairs decisions. This guys sure chose his targets well, if his intention was to do great harm to the country. The place did not have any security cameras.

Whyy?

Soon, the forensic team had run their tests and found no trace of the presence of a bullet.

So how did the guy even do it?

The guy had to be well-informed. Therefore, he was not a lone wolf murderer, but he was in fact part of a pretty powerful organisation.

Soon, a team of investigators came up to him. They had in their hands a tube. "Sir, we found this tube in the minister's pocket," one of the team members said.

Larry went forward to take the tube. He took it and began examining it. Its contents rattled when he shook it. He tried to prise it open, but it didn't work.

Then, his eyes fell upon a symbol etched upon the tubing' s surface.

Φ

He recognised this symbol. It was called the number Phi, the Golden Number, the Divine Proportion and many other names. It's most famous manifestation was a pentagram. That, in fact was his favourite number. This is an absolutely dignified place to put the number Phi.

It also turned out that Phi was the favourite number of a number of cults too. That still did not make any difference to the number's popularity among religious scholars. He looked up at the forensic scientist who had given him the tubing. The scientist looked up expectantly at Larry, who asked him, "Do you know any way to open this thing?" The scientist took it and looked at it searchingly. "Well, there's a black fingerprint sensor here. This is basically a sort of tube that is used to store different things. This is programmed to open when a specific individual puts his or her finger on it. Since this was found in the minister's pocket, I assume that she was the intended holder of this tube," he remarked. He went up to the minister and put her thumb to the tube's fingerprint sensor. Larry held his breath, and the tube opened. What he saw inside shocked him.

------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys.  Woohoo!! Another cliffhanger! Sorry for the very late update. I fractured my hands recently do I was unable to type. What do you guys think will be the object found in the tube?

iusethings