Chapter 3

I look up to the sky and it is beginning to get dark, the night is slowly approaching and we need to find somewhere to stay the night and get supplies. Warren seems to have the same idea so we end up stopping in a town. It is small and worn down, it's silent, almost to silent and I feel that can't be good.

Warren stops the truck outside a small hotel and I shake Addy awake. She slowly opens her eyes and rubs them, she slept for a while which is good because in the apocalypse you don't get much sleep. The hotel was darkened and worn down, a place I wouldn't like to stay in but we had little choice. It was brick-built and looked close to tumbling down. The doors were made of wood and looked fairly ancient, the windows all seemed to be in one piece and the stairs leading up to the door was made of concrete. It was three stories high

'Okay everyone, go inside and check the building for Zs and anything else, maybe even humans but I doubt that! Me and Vasquez will go together and search the top floor, Addy and Mack take the second and Doc and 10k search bottom floor' she ordered.

We all trudged in silently trying not to disturb anything. I pulled out my sling and put a gear in place ready for if we see a Z. The room was dark and musty and the walls were mank. I hear a gunshot upstairs which signals there was a Z. I can just faintly see a light switch, I edge over and flick it, after a short delay the room becomes light and I can actually see clearly now.
'There is electricity!' I shout to everyone.
'Wouldn't of thought this place would of had electricity!' Doc chuckles and I smile. I go to room 16 and push the door open. I switch the light on and a Z comes running towards me, Doc behind quickly pulls out his gun and shoots it in the head, I proceed to go inside, to the left is the bathroom and straight on is a double bed and a tv, there is also a balcony out the back.
I go into the bathroom and I hope there is a water supply, I fiddle with the taps and water soon comes splashing out. 'Doc come over here! The water works!' I holler.
Doc rushes in.
'Are you kidding me! This hotel is better then I thought, might even be something in the kitchen!' And with that Doc rushes out the room and speeds down the corridor.
I turn the tap off and sprint after him.
I turn round the corner and slam through the kitchen doors with my shoulder. The walls are lined with food and drink.
'Good news would be a pack or Oreos and a couple gallons of milk.' I laugh.
'Looks like we might have more then that!' He says with a smile 'I'm going to go let the others know' he says before leaving the room.
I scavenge the walk in kitchen looking for anything I have missed. In the corner of my eye I spot Oreos! I grab a load of packets in my arms and head over to the far end of the kitchen. I see two huge doors and I gather it would be a walk in freezer or something.
I push hard on the doors and they slowly prise open. I scan the sides and spot the milk. I grab it and head out into the lobby of the hotel.

I sit down on one of the old red chairs which has been eaten my moths. I grab a glass from the oak table in front. I pour the semi-skimmed milk into the glass. I open the packet and pull out one of the dark cookies filled with cream.
I dip it into the milk and then put it in my mouth. I really did miss this, even if it is one of the smaller things in like it is now like a luxury to me!

I hear footsteps coming down the stairs like a herd of elephants.
'Where is the kitchen!' Addy screeched.
I pointed over to the direction in which I came from. Everyone hurtled towards the large white doors and barged in. Within a few seconds I hear lots of exited voices.
'Twinkies! They have Twinkies!' Came a exited cry from Mack.
'Oh my god they even have Hersheys' came a slightly calmer voice from Vasquez. A few minutes later they all come out and join me in a circle. The table was full of food that none of us had seen in 3 years. Everyone was their except Warren. She finally came through the door and held up a bottle. I looked over and saw she had a bottle of whiskey.
'And there is plenty more where that came from' She said with a wink.
The room was silent as we were all stuffing our faces with food. Something we all hadn't done in a while.

Remember to vote and comment! I will love y'all forever if you do ;)