Chapter 4

'I don't think I have ever eaten so much at once' Doc says after he belches.
'I'm glad we found it though' I acknowledged with a smile.
'I think it's time we got some rest, I want to get moving early tomorrow so I want you all up and ready just before the crack of dawn okay?' Warren added.
We all headed of to rooms, Addy and Mack together, Warren by herself, Doc my himself and me by my self.
I went up to the second floor and went to one of the first doors on my left. I listen in case of a Z, I hear shuffling but it seems controlled and, well not zombie like I guess. I carefully walk up the corridor and to my right and up the corridor a bit more I hear footsteps... human footsteps. I shake my head, no it can't be a human, surely not. I open the door and to my surprise I see a girl.

She seemed around my age but maybe a bit younger, she had dark brown hair which was tied up in a messy ponytail. She had a burgundy jumper on with ripped jeans and combat boots. She had a machete by her waist as well as a hand gun.
She spun round towards me with a surprised look and pulled out her machete.
'Who are you' she barked.
I'm 10k' I replied cautiously ' I don't want to harm you, me and my group are staying here for the night, we are on a important mission' I finish.
She lowered her machete and placed it back in its sheath. (I don't know what it's called so I'm sorry if I'm wrong).
'Okay, you can stay the night, you seem like your on a very important mission by the sounds of it and you don't seem like a threat, surely you would of killed me by now if you wanted' she says.
'Thank you, it is imperative that we find a man and we aren't sure where he's gone.' I slowly say in a calm but stern voice ' Have you seen a blue man, around 6ft with short hair, bit of a dick?' I question.
'No I'm afraid not, no one really passes through here, it's usually really quiet.' The girl answered.

Warren comes into the room followed by everyone else.
'We heard voices, what's up?' She says.
'I found a girl' I explain.
'And who is she?' Warren says cocking her head towards her.
I stutter for my words as I don't a fully know her name yet.
'The names Xena' she says confidently.
I crease my eyebrows at her, I can tell that's not her name.
'Oh Warren, Xena said we can stay the night as well, I told her that we are on a important mission.' I quietly say.
'You got anyone else here? Any family or a group?' Addy asks.
'Nope, just me and has been for a while now, not to sure how long, but long enough' she says looking to the floor and shuffling her feet.
'You could join us, we might need someone like you, you must have done well to survive by yourself for this long' Doc exclaims.
'Yes please, id love to thanks, I need something to do' Xena said gratefully.
'Okay well be up, ready and packed my morning, I want to leave ASAP' Warren ordered.
Xena nodded her head and smiled at Warren and with that we all left the room. I looked back at Xena and she was staring at me, she turned her gaze to the floor as soon as she realised I saw. I shrugged it off and went back down to my room.