Chapter 5

I awoke to the sound of murmuring and footsteps from below. I groggily sat up and heaved myself out of bed, I hadn't slept so well in ages, I felt more refreshed. I must of been asleep for a while. Slowly I walk over to a chest of drawers and pull out one of the draws, I ruffle around for anything comfy and practical. I see a dark navy boiler suit with a zip up the front and small metal rings on the side. I open a smaller chest and pull out some clean underwear. I quickly get changed and grab my sniper.

Once I enter the room Addy calls over to me.
'I like your new outfit 10K!' She shouts 'give us a twirl'
I roll my eyes but reluctantly twirl and end with a curtesy. She walks over and giggles.
'I think we're leaving soon, ready to go?' Addy questions.
'Yeah I'm all set, I just wanna grab a couple of Oreos'
I quickly walk over to the kitchen and scan the shelves, I spot them and grab 3 packets, I stuff them in one of my pockets.

I quickly head out the hotel and throw my sniper in the back of the truck, I place the ball of my foot on the wheel of the truck and pull myself up over. I sit in the corner and wait for everyone else to come. Warren drives, as usual, Vasquez sits beside her in the passenger seat, Murphy and Doc sit behind and me, Addy and Xena sit in the truck bed.

We head off to try and find Murphy, we stop off at many towns looking for supplies or anything stupid Murphy is doing now. I stand up and lay my rifle on the roof of the truck, I look down the scope and steady my aim. I successfully get a headshot on a nearby Z.
'6231' I mutter under my breath.
'How long'd it take you to get that good?' Xena questions.
'I've been using this since the start of the apocalypse so about 3 years.' I reply quickly before picking off another Z.
'6232' I murmur.
'Guess you had to learn quickly then huh' She replies.
I give a slow nod while I look around for any other Zs.

Xena's POV:
'So is that the amount of Zs you've killed, 6232?'
'Yeah, that's how many he's got, he hasn't done too bad' Addy chimed in.
I look over to the girl and give a understanding nod, she had short red hair which was quite messy but understandable in the current circumstances. She had calm eyes and a sweet face that looked welcoming. She wore a leather jacket and some black jeans with commando boots. Beside her she had a metal baseball bat with spikes on the side and one on top, I spent a few minutes observing her weapon, looked like quite a killer.
'I like your uuh, what's it called?' I stutter.
'Oh I call it a Z whacker. It electrocutes them as well, makes sure the jobs done.' She said with a smile.
I nod approvingly and deep down I was quite jealous of it but I don't think it would be my type of weapon anyway, I prefer guns, much more my cup of tea. At the moment I only have a small hand gun but I want something bigger and a bit more powerful, however I'm not to bothered so long as I get a headshot. Only downside is that it's not great with long distance but I can live for now. If I run out of ammo I have a machete as well so it's not to bad. Luckily it looks like the group already have a strong sniper so no need to worry.

I'm so glad I'm in a group now, I feel more protected and I feel like someone will always have my back. We can be there for each other, and I like that. I kinda miss the hotel but I feel like I shouldn't waste what's left of my life in a crappy old hotel. Might as well try doing something then sat doing nothing and watching the world go past.

AN//
I apologise for the POV change like halfway through! I didn't realise that I switched and I wrote a fair bit before I realised and I didn't want to change it! So sorry about that and also sorry for the late update as well! I have been pretty busy lately and just kept forgetting to update, oops!