The Wolf Who Cared For One.

There he slept in the chair. It looked like he had spent the night in here sleeping and keeping watch,  why though? He doesn't even hardly know me. His face was buried in a blanket and his ears flicked every now and then as his breathing was soft but strong. I sat up very slowly so I didn't hurt myself too much, biting my lip a bit to prevent myself from letting out a pained whimper into the soft room. His ears flicked towards me although I didn't whimper at all. I froze a bit and stopped breathing as I didn't want to wake him up. He eased up and I relaxed as well.

'Why are you here....' I spoke to myself in my head as I laid there, my blue eyes observing him silently as he slept comfortably in the recliner in the corner. 

His ears seemed to droop a bit, seeming like he fell asleep upset like. It intrigued me a lot and I still had lots of questions like, 'who carried me here?' or 'what happened at all?'....better yet....'who was the bitch who hurt me'...

With that last question fresh in my mind, I let out a low growl. As soon as the growl escaped my lips, his ears seemed to perk up and lean towards me a bit as he shuffled gently. He then very gently began to open his amber eyes and yawn lightly. I quickly closed my eyes and tried to relax and pretend like I was sleeping to prevent any awkwardness or a long quiet moment of us staring at each other.

He quietly stretched and looked at me and yawned a bit. After a minute or two, he quietly moved his blanket and un-reclined the recliner and stood up. Through all of this, I watched him through semi parted eyelids. My eyes weren't completely shut, but they were opened good enough so I could see and good enough so he thought I was still sleeping.

He then gently wiped his face and looked at me and quietly walked over and looked down at me. Suddenly, a very, very faint whimper left his lips as he looked at my bruised and hurt body, his ears returning to their sad, flattened state.

"I'm sorry this happened to you..." He spoke quietly but strongly and in a caring manner.

A burning sensation began in my nose and it felt like I needed to sneeze and I knew there was literally NO way around a sneeze. If I sneezed, it would blow my cover. I began to wince and I knew it was coming. No no no....NO NO NO!

"Aachooaah!" I suppressed a small sneeze and a slight squeak as turned my face into my arm. My face began to turn a bright pink as I could hear his tail wag slightly in happiness and a sense of calm.

It was quiet for a moment before he broke the silence by speaking to me again but in a much softer and caring tone.

"You are awake?.....How are you feeling?.." he asked very lightly, his amber eyes looked down at my face as I wiped my nose with my paw shyly.

"I.....feel terrible....I hurt all over...." I spoke in a slightly pained tone as his facial expression changed to a saddened but still caring.

"I can get you some medicine and a drink to possibly ease the pain for you.." And without any other word, he padded out of the room in a seemingly fast way, like he was urgent to get me what i needed.

"No, I'm-", the door closed, "-.....fine......" I seemed to enjoy him being caring towards me and urgent to make me feel better but it confused me.

'Why is he acting this way? I mean...i'm only hurt a little bit but he is seeming to overreact and wanna jump to help...like almost immediately..' I thought to myself as my blush began to fade so I seemed to look calm and a bit normal. 'If normal existed ever. Hah....ha..'