Chapter 6: in your dreams

(A/N Aye guys 2K, we lit af, but frfr thank you guys 💖)

Keana POV 

"I don't know what you're talking about." I fake laughed.

He came close to my ear and whispered, "You know exactly I'm talking about."

Great, I'm gonna have to change my underwear...

He leaned back a bit showing a smile and placed his hands on both sides of the desk, pinning me in the process, "Keana Michelle Carter, the nerdy librarian girl who was best friends with the head cheerleader; my ex girlfriend. She was rude to me during our high school year till we graduated. She did all of this while knowing I had a crush on her since middle school."

My eyes grew wide as he he finished his description.  

YOU SAID WHAT NOW!

CRUSH?

WAIT HE HAD A CRUSH ON ME THIS WHOLE TIME?

" O-oh Dylan if I've known." I gave him a sympathetic look as I stood there in shock. I was avoiding the guy who liked me ever since middle school.

"Oh spare me the sympathy, I've had enough of that." He said while getting a bit blurry. I tried blinking my eyes and that didn't work, it's probably because I don't have my glasses, I started to get a headache and I stopped focusing on what he was saying.

As my headache grew stronger, I started to feel everything in the room pulsate and the only thing I hear is my heart beat. Am I dying? Why do I all of a sudden feel tired? And why isn't Dylan not noticing I'm not feeling well?

I close my eyes for one second and I couldn't open them. What's happening to me? Did I pass out? All I see is black. All I hear is my heart and now I just feel cold.

Keana....

Keana.......

Keana...........

That voice sounds like Nicole's...WAIT WHAT?

All of a sudden my eyes shot open. I was breathing heavily and my heart beat was just starting to slow down.

I was at my desk with my head down looking at Nicole as she stands in the door way, "Really Keke? Sleeping right when we was about to go and get something to eat."

"Sleeping?" OH that explains a lot. It was all a dream, a weird dream at that.

I sat up from the desk and yawned while stretching.

"Woah chica, you must've been sleeping real good." She chuckled.

I gave her a questionable look, "What do you mean?" I said, then rubbed the crust out of my eye.

"Well you must've been dreaming about math because algebra is imprinted on your forehead." She said while pointing at the algebra book I was sleeping on and laughed.

My eyes widen as  I open the drawer to search for a mirror, "Oh my god." I said with disbelief as I started to rub my forehead in hopes that it would fade away.

Meanwhile Nicole is laughing her ass off.

"Is it really that funny." I turned to her with a straight face.

"Yeah it kinda is." She said in between laughter.

I grabbed a pencil and attempted to throw it at her but of course my ass missed by a long shot.

"You know for a black person you have no aim." She said picking up the pencil.

"And for a Mexican you make horrible tacos." I clapped back.

"IT WAS ONE TIME!" She said sounding offended.

"We put you in charge of food duty for the 10th grade meeting once and you ended up giving us the shits for a week , never again Nicole, never again."

"Its not my fault that y'all couldn't handle spice in your life." she says with her accent while pointing at me with a glare.

I stopped rubbing my forehead and chuckled a bit. I swear I love this girl.

I sat there for a minute and started to think as to what happened. I got really sad. "I think I'll skip the food for today, I'll just eat at home." I looked over to Nicole.

Nicole furrowed her eyebrows "Keke what's wrong, you never give up free food" she said with worry on her face

I glared at Nicole "what are you trying to say"

"What are you talking-" she interrupted herself with her own laughter "I thought you wouldn't be able to catch it" she said in the mist of her hollering.

"but for real, what's wrong" she walks over and sit on my desk

"I don't even know anymore Nicki... this whole few days I feel like I've been waiting for something significant in my life to happen, something that will make my life...yah know, less boring... but when it didn't and the outcome was way different then I was strangely hoping for it to happen I kinda got sad, but I guess this is god tell me not everything in life will play out like it does in the movies"

Nicole just looked at me very confused, and maybe a little shook, "Aye is there something you gotta tell me" she said grabbing my hand "whatever you're going though, I don't want you to go through it alone, that's what best friends are for."

She gave me a smile "come here" she said while forcing me to stand up "we can discuss this on our way to stake and shake, okay" I returned the smile "okay..."

(A/n I'll try to make the best friend in this story as relevant as the main character, sometimes I hate it in how in other stories the "best friend" isn't  as active in the main character's life considering that's their "best friend", and I'm some stories they don't even know what's going on in the main characters life and they're okay with that, I don't want Nicole to be like that, Nicole is all my friend's traits combined so I hope you like how my friends act 😂"

LIKE

&

COMMENT