Chapter 13: Ice cream and murder cases

《Unedited》
( I'm loving the positive feedback I'm getting from ya'll 💕, it honestly keeps me going! My goal is now 50K by the end of April👑🙏, share and tell everyone about my book please! I love you guys and I will hope that this along with my future stories will connect with ya'll. I put alot of deep thought into my stories to make them as realistic/relatable as possible. Just remember guys all of my (future) stories are connected by one thing,so please read all of my upcoming books! I hope ya'll enjoy this chapter, bye now🍓)

Keana POV

"So he told you not to tell me?" Nicole asked as we shared a tub of cookies and cream ice cream together.

"Umm hmm" I put the spoon full of ice cream in my mouth.

"Yo keke, this whole situation is just weird! Like to be honest, Mr.Danielson has been looking shady for the longest. I normally wouldn't trust him but why would he lie though, he has no reason to."
She grabbed neko from the ground and started pacing around my kitchen.

"I don't know man, I'm just worried for my safety. I love your brother and all but saying that Dylan looks familiar isn't helping either." I have the right to be also, Jose(Nicole's brother) knew no one but gang bangers, from Italians to asains he knew them all. I know he's clean now but that still doesn't clear the fact that-.

"KEANA, LOOK AT THIS!" She turned the volume of my TV up

I quickly got up and speed walked my way to the TV

"28 year old man of the name Zackary Anderson was found dead in a motel room earlier today. Sources say that he was found with multiple stab wounds to the chest and all over his lower body. There was no Witnesses but the owner of the motel said that Anderson rented a room for two-. Nicole then put the TV on mute.

"This happened in our town and was only a few minutes away from here" she said with a monotone voice. "It's sad isn't it"

She paused and waited for my reply but I was too shocked to say anything, I just stared at the muted tv.

Nicole turned to me and quickly put neko near her food bowl, "Hey Keana, are you okay" she grabbed my face to tried and make eye contact.

"I knew him..." I muttered. Which made Nicole drop her hands from my face and gave me a remorseful look.

She sighed "who was he?" She whispered.

"He was a really rich and popular boy that went to my school, he was friends with Dylan" I muttered.

"Him and Dylan would always... nevermind"

Then Nicole precedes to crouch on the floor and sit criss-cross, she patted the space in front of her indicating me to sit.

"Chica... you know you're my best friend right?" She let go her artificial American accent and brought back her original Latin one, that's how I know she's serious.

"Of course" I sit down along with her.

She started to hold my hand, "I want you to tell me Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING." She looked deep into my eyes.

"What do you mean everything? I told you all that you need to know."
Nicole just stay silent, be slowly began to look frustrated. Her face was starting to turn red, which was a clear sign she was mad

"Nicole...say something"

She sighs "It seems like it doesn't matter how many layers I pull back with you, there's always some I've yet to know about. I'm your so called best friend  yet you keep so much secrets from me, how am I supposed to help you and all you do is push me away, so please. Come clean."

"B-but Nicole, that has nothing to do with the current situation"

"NO KEANA! A MAN THAT YOU KNOW HAS LITERALLY BEEN MURDERED AND IT MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH DYLAN!" After that she just looked at me, hoping to get a reaction.

I didn't know what to say, I haven't seen Nicole looked this stressed before. She must be really worried about me, I've always been a enclosed person and I thought she understood that.

But then again the last time I didn't tell a close friend what was going on with my life, specifically with Dylan...

"Hailey...." I say aloud.

Her eyes widen "the girl who ditched you for a man?"

"No, she was more than that. Even after we stopped being friends, I still cared"

"Well do you know where she is now"

"Of course not! She's probably traveling the world being a professional cheerleader or something, that's what she wanted to do ever since I met her."

"Okay, so how does she tie in with this Zachary dude, because he's now dead in a town he doesn't even live in. And Not too long ago a hot teacher by the name of Dylan Kingston just mysteriously popped up in town with no reasoning. Oh and not to mention that you all used to go to the same school."

"Don't you think we're jumping the gun here, I mean maybe he was driving though town."

"Well he happened to be driving at the wrong night, and even if that is true, how does it explain him renting a motel for two. Two people walked in there and one person ended up dead."

"I know, I know. It all sounds suspicious but I don't know how all of this is happening" I don't know what to think now,I'm just paranoid now.

"Babygirl, we got all the pieces of the puzzle right in front of us..."

"All we need to do is put them together" I finish

(A/n How was the chapter. do you think that Dylan murdered his high school friend? And isn't Nicole like the best friend that everyone wants lol)

LIKE

&

COMMENT