The Warmth of the Blankets

I can't move. I can't feel my toes as I shiver underneath my blankets from the lack of warmth. My body is warm. I can feel the heat coursing through my veins as I nervously sweat from the heat and the uncomfortable situation, but my mind is harsh and cold. The thoughts that enter my brain are endless and filled with the events that plague my psychi. I want them to stop. I want the words and the insults and the self hatred to stop. I want to be able to breathe again and not be suffocated by the endless amounts of thoughts. I want to stop thinking. I want to stop. Moving. I want to stop shaking from the cold that surrounds my body even as I start to feel faint from the warmth of the blankets, I cannot get warm enough. The blankets are not enough to shield me from the cold of my inner self. Not enough to serve as a barrier from the thoughts and feelings that shake me to my very core. Not enough to stop me from huddling into the blankets for warmth even as I start to lose consciousness. I don't want to pass out. I don't want to stop moving. I want to wake up. I want to leave this haze of feelings that cloud my mind and keep me from answering the questions I need to find the solutions to. I need to stop thinking.