Jokes

I sit alone. I am surrounded by the people that I care about yet all the words and jokes they share fly through my brain in a blur of laughing and shouting. I can't hear a thing. I can't hear at all. All I hear is the shouting in my own head. The jokes in my own brain except these jokes are about me. These jokes are about my personality. These jokes are about my sense of humor. These jokes are about the beauty standard that I don't meet. These jokes are about the people I care about. About the people that make me happy. These jokes are meant to ruin me. I must stand. I must push through the sea of insults as I try and try to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I need help. I can't do this on my own. I can't see. I can't see my friends. All I see is an ultimatum. All I see is myself. All I see is myself, alone. All I see is the time that I have wasted that I could be using to better myself but now as I sit with my friends it all becomes clear. There is no longer a blur of words that follow me. There is one word. There has always been one word. One word that defines me. One word that tells me what my problem is. One word that makes me fall down time and time again. One word. If only that word wasn't so far away to see.