Chapter one.

Silt's wiry frame was being brushed over by the calm, cool current of the sea. Nearly eight hundred feet below its surface he resided, swaying gently, Sleepily, in his home.

His home nearly embodied everything that he was. That is to say, he looked very much like he belonged there.

His home was solitary and sparsely furnished, he felt that its colorful coral walls and sandy floor was all he really needed to be happy. Up from the floor, soft, flowing columns of seaweed swayed. The swaying vines disrupted the Small streams of light that pierced their way through the fine cracks and divots of the dome shaped coral walls.

He was waiting for his love.
His, sweet and pure love.

She made him whole and confident. She made his belly churn with excitement, and his heart leak warm sentiments of her.

And he made her soar.
He made her feel as though she could be whatever she felt comfortable.

They were truly and unequivocally in the deepest love, almost as deep as the sea in which they both resided.

---

He waited so impatiently. He couldn't stand it. He wanted the empty space in his arms to be filled with her warm admiration.

However he knew the void in his arms would be filled in thus time; not with her herself, but with their proof of love. Their children.

He was small and thin, but soon his belly would be brimming with their children. Their loves. He had barely started the journey of pregnancy and yet his belly, which in the past was somewhat concave, was slightly pudgy.

He held his middle, lovingly, brushing his fingertips on its surface. and with each of his heart beats, a small squelch of adrenalin released. He anticipated the feeling of pregnancy, every tiny detail of this journey would be engrained in his heart. He would never forget it and he would relish in it.

He awaited the day when his lovers hands would coddle his swollen belly, small hands pressing back from within him towards her.

---

She was swimming as fast as the tide could carry her. Her darling awaited her and she would let nothing get in her way.

The tide had called her away, as it did most days. However, she never angered towards the tide nor did her darling, for the tide herself was as old as the shore himself and almost twice as forgetful. With the tide, things were there one moment and washed away the next. The tide could never keep track of all the seas things by herself, so she called on foam.

For that was our merhorses name.

Foam was sweet and caring and never did she ever sharpen her words towards the tide. And that is why the tide favored her so. The tide had called on others before, but none as kind as foam.

Helping the tide to care for her ocean was certainly enthralling. But foam missed her darling Silt and the tide understood this longing, for the tide never separated from her love, the shore.

---

From inside the dome of coral, the faint luminescence of sea slugs permeated. Silt cared for the slugs and in turn the slugs provided him their soft glow. They stuck themselves onto the dancing seaweed and in turn, the shadows danced along.

The sea was a dark, deep, and filling blue. It swathed all it touched with ominous beauty, silt could see this from the holes and spaces that pocked his coral dome. And yet, he could not see his love. He dared not leave the sanctuary that was his home, he cared for the life of his young too greatly.

All he could do was wait. And wait.

His stomach soon began to pull and cramp with hunger. Something, he discovered, that was beginning to happen more frequently. His love would provide him with all he needed. He was confident in this.

Soon, he made out a blurry blob in the depths of blue beyond his walls and his heart seared with joy. His love had returned.

---

She had returned with gifts the tide had given her. Culinary spoils tested the seams of the hemp cloth she used as a travel bag. For the tide knew what she would return home to; the tide was wise in this way.

She paddled tirelessly with her tail, almost viciously tearing against the water. Her darling unhinged the opening to their dome, allowing her to swish through. After the door was properly shut, he was locked into an embrace of unyielding warmth in which he returned the affection feverishly.

Their appendages wrung one another, almost clawing at each other in a desperate attempt to feel one another's skin on theirs. He nuzzled into her neck and in turn she raked her hands up and along his spine, which caused chills to rise all along his body.

Nose to nose they ended up, excited swishes of water frothing from their mouthes onto one another's necks. In this wonderful moment laughter bubbled up from within both of them. Heaving belly laughs soon filled the dome, causing the slugs to flicker along with their laughing rhythm.

Their aching sides succumbed to the laughter and they each wheezed to a stop. Foreheads pressed together and eyes closed, her hands snuck up to his aching belly and stroked. She also awaited his transformation, and he knew it.

His hand floated on top of hers and squeezed, causing her to promptly squeeze back. And suddenly all was quiet. The swish-swash of the seaweed was the only discernible thing among the ambient noises of the sea.

That is, until his hunger made itself known once more.

His stomach growled, in a most rude manner. He blushed deeply and his arms flew around his belly in a desperate attempt to quiet the noise. Despite this she smiled a pure smile and softly snorted in what most would call, "an unladylike manner". She tucked her arms into his, in such a way that they were separated from his midsection. She bowed her head low and planted small, suckling kisses all along his distended belly. He couldn't contain his giggles of bashful happiness.

She trailed the suckling kisses all along his belly, slowly making her way up his chest and neck, where she brushed her lips along his ticklish spots. Lovingly she puckered her mouth to his ears and traced along his jawline with her sweet kisses. She did this in such a way that he became entranced with her, Taking her sweet time along his chin and pausing just before his lips.

He was in a sort of stupor, eyes half lidded and face painted over with honey glow, he was completely submitted to her. Her hiccuping laugh snapped him out of his lovers haze. He pulled his lips into a small pout but quickly re-engaged by trailing his hands up to the base of her neck and scratching the base of her hairline.

Her laugh subsided and she "hmmm"ed in satisfaction. He trailed his scratching fingers up higher on her scalp as his face became closer to hers. Finally their lips met and they were once again intertwined.