...or is it?

(Caution: Strong Language; 16+ recommended)

Hey guys! So anyone who cares enough to read this, probably also tried giving my much more serious work - DYSTOPIA - a shot. Some of you felt it was good and voted and some even expressed that through the ever so kind comments... I was admittedly very happy when I found that over 130 people had read it and it was popular enough to get to rank #15 in Science Fiction.

But something felt kinda off...

Now I have mentioned earlier that this is my very first book, like, EVER and when I tried to  critique myself, completely obliviating the fact that it was in fact written by me, and tried to judge it from a stranger's perspective (You'd be surprised how proficient and skilled I am at that), I found that even though it had a good plot (a bit nebulous, but that was intentional...) the presentation was not the best I've ever seen. Nicely done for a first timer, but was it good enough that so many people liked it and still continue to read it?

On paper, my book was good, but was it really?

I looked into the working and mechanism of reads and ranks, and found that if a person so much as opens the book, reads a line and then goes like "Yeah, nobody ain't gonna read that pile of BS." or "Ain't nobody got time for such stupid sh*t!", it still counts as a read.

I was admittedly p****d off. My reaction - "F*** THIS S***! I'm wasting my time here. Ain't nobody give a Schitt to what you think o gotta say, bro..." I even deleted my drafts...   I even posted a hate filled comment (a reply to chiara465) on my friend Yash's book. This was last night. Yash texted me like "WT* was that b****??" (not his real words, only feelings XD) I told him the long, boring drawl and what he did for me then was exactly what I once did for him ----

Talked some sense into me when my brain was fried as ... nope, not gonna swear.

I went back and gave the user chiara465 an explanation about what I actually meant when I said that. The user was kind and polite enough to reply something nice... Thank you for that. You're a good person.

Also, I'd like to thank Yash for that talk and the vid link. (This doesn't mean we're even --- that requires many more counselling and therapy sessions XD)

But the dilemma that I faced is still unresolved. Did my work really deserve the rank it got?

Compare the reads to votes - 146 reads and 21 votes, that is 125 people who didn't give...who didn't feel that it was good enough to so much as comment why. Ouch.

A bit more help and thoughts on this topic would be nice.

I just realised that the stats on this journal are much more true, as this is full of...(control!)... things, that a fat, wimpy kid writes about when he's frustrated. Guess who reads that? People who actually... care. (why's that so hard to say?!)

What Do you think? Do tell me in the comments.

Stay Awesome

Hail Hydra