19 | Muddled Feelings

Assalam-o-Alaikum!

update <3

guys do ask if you people feel it confusing or there is any kind of ambiguity overall in the story :*

Again a lonnnng chapter, hope you guys like it :)

19| Muddled Feelings 

Amna

"han begum or batao kia kia lejana hea phir Shehryar ki taraf itwaar ko?" Dad was asking, with his head hung low as he jotted down something in his little blue diary, making a list of useless items. they were literally behaving as if viyah ho mera agley din! it was only our date fixing ceremony guys!

"Mithai, fruit, dry fruits or sath mein Shehry k liye three piece jo liya hea. Kia khayal hea ap ka?"

"Mom! we aren't getting married on this Sunday, why taking so many things? Plus Shehry konsa koi bahir wala hea, ghar ki bat hea, apna banda hea bus mithai le chaltey hen. For getting the moo meetha and all that you know" I stated my point of view on to which Mom remained quiet for a few glaring moments, even dad's face screamed disapproval.

"Beta this is the first proper meeting about this proposal, aesey kesey khali hath chaley jaen" Dad said and I shrugged. "And don't forget that we aren't only doing it as your parents, we have to fill in for Shehry's parents as well. Asif bhai or bhabi ko koi shikayat na ho hum se roz-e-mehsar" dad added on to which i softly smiled in consent.

"Or zara tum ji janab se bat kiya karo us se, kia sochta hoga wo bhi" Mom made a face and I chuckled leaning in towards her ear. "Mom! bata doon kia sochta hea wo?" I whispered threateningly and her eyes popped out, she quickly jabbed me hard. "Shram karo kuch"

"Arey Asfa begum! Phool to bhool he gaeen ap" Suddenly dad reminded and Mom smacked her forehead with her palm instantly remembering.

"Shuker hea yad aa gaya. Foran order ker dijiye or dekhiye motiya k phool hone chaiyen lazmi"

"Mom! its still a day left in Sunday, why are you people acting so hurried?" I got up from the couch, keeping the magazine on the table ignoring Mom's glares.

"Ek he beti wo bhi rookhi pheeki. Baap per gai hea" Mom made a face and I giggled when dad protested against the accusation.

"Hum to shadi k tees sal bad bhi tar-o-taza hen begum! Apni bat karo" dad countered onto which Mom clearly blushed. "Hato ji!" she hit his arm a little and dad laughed.

I bent down, wrapping my arms around them and hugged them tight from behind the sofa on which they were sitting. "you guys are the cutest" and pecked their cheeks, making them smile.

Hussain

I sneezed for the umpteenth time since morning; starting from my head to my nose to my throat everything was sore.

I stood there lazily, pulling up myself as the boy carefully handed me the box.

"Thank you very much" I thanked the courier boy after signing the paper. He smiled and left. I looked down at the rectangular box and kicked the door shut.

"Maha"

"Maha!" I called her as I walked into the lounge and keeping the box over the table I almost fell in the sofa, resting my head at the back shutting my eyes.

"Aaiii!" she called back and with in a few seconds she came running in the lounge.

"Haye Allah! Amna bhabi ka dress aa agaya?" I pulled up, before I could explain she squealed excitedly like a kid and I smiled nodding.