Chapter 1-My Neighbor Lia

Author's Note

Hi guys! First off, I know no one reads ANs but I'm still doing it. Second, thank you for taking your precious time to read this. Third: I'm warning you, this might be PG-13 because some future scenes would be kind of... disturbing. Like, zombie-disturbing kind of stuff. Okay? That's it, bye!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1

RING! RING!

My alarm clock rang loudly, waking me up. I groaned and sat up on my bed. I looked at the alarm clock. It blinked 7:30 am. I groaned yet again. Who wakes up this early?

You, obviously, I said to myself.

"Oh, god. I completely forgot to turn off the alarm and now my sleep is disturbed," I whined, literally jumping out of my bed. I groaned and kicked my alarm clock off my nightstand, making it fall to the floor. And fyi, that was the hundredth time I broke an alarm clock. Ugh. Seriously, once my sleep is disturbed, I can not go to sleep again. Sometimes I even hit anyone who disturb me during my sleep. So don't even think about it.

I quickly made my bed and wore a sweater, a pair of jeans, and sneakers.

I made myself pancakes for breakfast and went to the living room to watch a movie. I went through the DVD's and chose Zombieland. Hey, I know some people hate it, but I don't care. It's kind of my favorite zombie movie, so deal with it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

After watching the movie, I decided to daydream a little bit.

Oh, I almost forgot. Let me introduce myself.

My name is Lorelei Addison Stilton. Almost everyone calls me "Laura" because my name is pronounced "Lo-rah-lai", just to be clear with you. My parents are Lauren and Andy Stilton. I have an older brother named Peter, who's two or three years older than me.

There's also Melissa, who has been my best friend since I started pre-school. We're childhood best friends and we're both weird at heart. We also have other friends like Mia, the twins Lexi and Lexa , Glimmer, and lastly, Mackenzie.

I didn't really know what else to do anymore, so I decided to bake myself two hazelnut cupcakes. Hey, I know I eat too much, but I just can't help it! I really love food, especially sweets! Oh well. Words can't even describe how much I love sweet food!

I headed to the kitchen then prepared the ingredients and the things needed to be used.

After a few minutes of preparing and such, I was finally finished with my task.

I went to the window in my bedroom and pushed the curtain aside, just in time to get a glimpse of people running, and I could tell they were also screaming. Then that's when I saw the worse thing: I saw my neighbor, Lia, get bitten by another person. My eyes got wide open and my jaws dropped along with the hazelnut cupcake I was about to take a bite out of.

"What..." my voice faded. I don't know what else to say anymore. And right now, I just lost my appetite. I wasn't hungry anymore.

After a few seconds, I saw Lia's skin slowly turning to pale green and saw that the bite mark looked like it was already rotten. I felt shivers run down my spine just by looking at her. Lia limped slowly to a woman who I think was a businesswoman, because she was wearing a white long sleeved blouse and black pencil skirt along with black stilettos. When she finally reached the woman who was unconscious about Lia's presence, she took her chance to bite her arm, making the woman scream loudly. I can't believe her scream could be that loud. I can actually hear her through the closed window.

I pushed the curtain back to its place then sat up on my bed. I can't believe it. A zombie outbreak has just taken place in Fortyouth!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So, how'd you like the story so far? Feel free to comment :) I apologize for the short chapter! Updates every um... every time I'm in the mood. :3