Hey! It's Our Birthday

(A rental house comes into view, with a small, blue car in the driveway. The TWINS exchange excited yet worried looks, wondering what is going on. They enter the house, and find GRANDMA inside the kitchen.)

*ALEX: Grandma!

*GRANDMA: Alex, Conner! Wow, it's like you two have grown a foot since I last saw you!

*CONNER: Grandma...

*GRANDMA: What's wrong with a grandmother coming to visit her two favorite grandkids on their birthday?

(Both twins laugh, because they're her only grandkids. They then sober up quickly.)

CONNER: Hey! It's our birthday!

ALEX: Whoa, who'd have thought?

ALEX & CONNER: It's been over a year...

GRANDMA: You guys forgot?

*CONNER: Maybe...

ALEX: It's been over a year since Dad died, just before our eleventh birthday...

CONNER: It's kind of easy to forget your birthday in all of this sorrow...

GRANDMA: Understandable.

ALEX: How could we have forgotten?

(GRANDMA quickly hurries out, coming back inside with three boxes for each twin.)

*GRANDMA: Here.

*ALEX: What? No, we can't accept anything...

*GRANDMA: Open them.

(The TWINS take turns opening presents, mainly shirts for CONNER and books for ALEX.)

*GRANDMA: And one more...

(She hands them a big, green book- the same one she read to them in the opening song.)

ALEX: All of the memories...

CONNER: It's the book...

GRANDMA: It's The Land of Stories, you're right. It's yours now.

*ALEX & CONNER: No, it's yours! We can't just take this...

(GRANDMA ignores them, going off to make cake. The twins open it up to the title page, and see a note.)

*GRANDMA: To Alex and Conner, and the worlds they have yet to discover.