A Boring Old Life/Today's Gonna Be Exciting

{Dear Readers- I thought that this would be a fun song to write, kind of a Bailey twins medley of sorts. In the beginning of The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell, Chris Colfer tells us that Alex and Conner thought very differently of life and school, to name a few examples. I thought it would just be awesome to write this song to blend both of their thoughts together, inside different variants. I hope that this is enjoyable. The format is the same as the first song.}

(Set changes from cozy reading time to school, where MRS PETERS is teaching her class.)

*MRS PETERS: Can anyone guess what the topic of today's lesson will be?

(ALEX's hand shoots in the air, and MRS PETERS acknowledges her with a nod)

*ALEX: You said yesterday that we'd be talking about fairy tales and their origins.

*MRS PETERS: Well done, Miss Bailey. Now, any guesses as to what we mean by fairy tale origins?

(ALEX's hand is, yet again, the only one raised. MRS PETERS nods again)

*ALEX: The life lessons and tales original fairy tales were supposed to teach. People have messed up fairy tales so much, it's hard for anyone to tell what people such as Hans Christian Anderson or the Brothers Grimm meant to teach us through these fairy tales.

*MRS PETERS: Excellent, Miss Bailey. Now... Mr Bailey, WAKE UP!

(CONNER jerks up from his desktop, suddenly aware of his surroundings. Some of his classmates giggle. MRS PETERS inaudibly punishes him, then gives everyone their homework. Soon, the TWINS are walking home, stuck in their own thoughts. Music starts playing, not energetic or bouncy, but lively, like a ballroom dance.)

ALEX: Today's gonna be an exciting day. I don't know, I just feel it. Today's going to be new, some exciting way, and it's getting so hard to conceal it...

(The music slows down, getting quieter and slower.)

CONNER: It's a boring old life. This is a boring old life. I'm not satisfied with this life I lead. I'm bored. I'm tired. Excitement is what I need.

(Music morphs into both sounds, mixing both sounds, rising and falling, with the same melody and notes.)

ALEX & CONNER: Ever since Father died, things just haven't been the same...

ALEX: What awaits me?

CONNER: Peters hates me.

ALEX & CONNER: What deflates me, though, is going home...

ALEX: Ever since Father died, our situation's gotten so much worse.

CONNER: It's like without dear Dad, there was some curse...

ALEX: We've had to sell the book store, we had to sell our house.

CONNER: Our attitudes were doused...

(Music mixes together again, and both TWINS sing in turn.)

ALEX: Today's gonna be exciting...

CONNER: Another boring day...

ALEX: I don't know I just feel it...

CONNER: This is a boring old life...

ALEX: Today's gonna be new...

CONNER: I'm not satisfied with this life I lead...

ALEX: Some exciting way...

CONNER: I'm bored, I'm tired...

ALEX: It's getting so hard to conceal it...

CONNER: Excitement is what I need...

ALEX & CONNER: What comes next?

ALEX: What...

CONNER: Comes...

ALEX & CONNER: Next?