The Start

Max's P.O.V:

I looked around my room, sweat dripping down my face.

It was just a dream...calm down...

I had been having nightmares every night, almost never getting any sleep. They were always about my brother or sisters getting hurt...and I could never do anything to save them. I would always wake up, sweaty, and sometimes even vomit.

Sure...I'm evil. But that didn't mean I didn't care about my family.

I looked down at my watch.

2:17 AM, February 18

"Ugh..." I groaned. Me and Phoebe's birthday was in three days, and we hadn't even planned out our party.

I got out if bed, knowing that I wasn't going to be able to get back to sleep. I walked up my stairs, then sat down on the couch in the living room. I sighed heavily as I turned on the TV, turning it down all the way and putting on the captions.

I watched Full House for a little while, then felt my eyes drooping. I soon fell into a fitful sleep, and my dreams over took my mind...

I stood on a tall building, my siblings beside me. I looked around and saw that there were no bars to keep us from falling.

"So...Max...? Do you love us...?" Nora asked.

"Of course...I just never show it."

"Really...? Then why are we standing here, looking death in the face?" Phoebe glanced at me half-heartedly.

"I...I don't kn- Phoebe!!!" I shouted as she leaned forward. I reached for her, but I was too far away. I watched helplessly as she fell, and I heard the Crack! as she hit the ground. "No..."

"Bye, Max..." Billy said as he and Nora fell. I grasped for their hands, but I couldn't save them.

"Chloe...please don't tell me that you're going to fall too..." I whimpered, tears forming in my eyes.

"Sorry Max," Chloe smiled as her hair started to wave back at me. She fell and fell and fell...and I just stood there.

"Why can't I save you guys...?" I wondered as I collapsed and started crying...

I jerked upwards and ran to the bathroom upstairs before throwing up in the toilet. I felt sweat running down my face and my whole body shook. When I stood up and looked in the mirror I saw that my skin was a ghostly white color.

I sighed as I ran water over my hands and washed my face off. I flushed the toilet and walked back downstairs into my lair. I looked at my clock and saw the it was only 4:32 AM.

I groaned to myself and sat down in my computer chair, opening up my computer and turning it on. I started looking through parts online for one of my inventions, waiting for my family to wake up.

-----Time Skip-----

7:00 AM

I walked up my stairs into the living room, my head pounding.

"Oh...Max...? You're up..." Mom looked up.

"Yeah..." I grumbled as I sat down in a chair and put my head on the table.

"I can't belive our birthday is Friday!" Phoebe smiled happily.

I groaned to myself. How can she be so cheerful? It's a Wednesday for cry it out loud!