escape.

"Take me far from here." A tall brunette said as we hopped on my motorcycle. My motorcycle, Cassie, was an old Harley Davidson my dad gave me when I turned 16.
Flashback to earlier that day:
"Farkle do we have to go out tonight?" I asked annoyed. Farkle was my best friend and roommate, when I moved to the Big Apple from Austin, Texas I wasn't welcomed. By no one but Farkle.
"Yes buddy, ever since she broke your heart you've been slouching around. You need some company, other than me." Ah yes "she" who broke my heart was Melanie we dated from junior year to now, senior year of high school.
"Fine," I sighed "Where are we going then?"
"The club."
"A club?" I questioned because I was barely turned eighteen about two weeks ago.
"Not just any club, the club. Hottest thing in town."
"Farkle I just turned eighteen how are we supposed to get in there?"
"It's not just any club it's a high schoolers club."
"Sounds lame."
"No but it's exclusive so only Greenwich kids can go into the club. And yes they serve alcohol."
"Sounds better."
"So is she going to be there?"
"No."
"Alrighty then I'll get ready."
Senior year was getting a little better we started a month ago and since it's just been test upon test. I needed a break.
Farkle and I both hopped onto our bikes. No not a mountain or cycling bike, our Harley Davidson's.
We drove all the way to the club and found two parking places, I took off my helmet.We walked to the entrance of the club, a tall building. One floor was the club the others were presumably offices or apartments. It was a brick building not very exciting but classic New York architecture. Luckily there was no line so Farkle and I flashed our IDs and walked right in. Immediately, my ears were met with a blaring sound of EDM. Painful, I know. Sounded like Troye Sivan. I walk to the bar and order a scotch as I hear a mellow voice behind me.
"You drink hard?"
I pointed at myself with my hand in confusion and mouth the word "me?".
"Yea you. We're the only two at the bar."
I look around, yep, that's awkward the bar is empty I guess no one really shows up on a Friday night. She pushes the bar stool right by my leg and sits on it I look over to find a girl, fairly tall, light skin, chocolate brown eyes and chocolate brown hair. She was wearing a grey flowy chiffon dress with blush pumps and her hair straightened.
"Yea, I like to drink straight, no child's play involved."
"Ah okay," she turns her head and orders a scotch "Then I, too will try to to drink 'straight'." She replies a small grin forming.
"Are you sure about that you look like a light weight." I said teasingly.
"Um, excuse me," she said sarcastically offended "I'll let you know I drink the most prestigious wine from Venice."
"Venice, Italy?"
"Venice Beach, California." she laughed I joined her. Her laugh was simple and pure it wasn't a scary cackle and it wasn't a forced giggle.
"What's your name?" I inquired.
"Riley," she stuck her hand out I gladly accepted it. Her small fragile hand falling into my large and callused hand "Matthews, Riley Matthews. And You?"
"Lucas, Lucas Friar." Our hands finally let go of  the grasp. Our scotches came I downed mine in a matter of minutes, while Riley struggled.
"Lightweight." I teased.
"Am not!"
"Are too!"
"I am not! I just don't want to drink this anymore."
"Dance?"
"Gladly."
I grabbed her hand and led her to the dance floor. Some random EDM was still playing, she danced awkwardly but I thought it was cute. I joined with her.
After a couple minutes of peaceful dancing, "Why are you here?"
"Huh?"
"Everyone comes here to escape something shitty, what's the shitty thing in your life?"
"Ex-girlfriend."
"Yikes, me too. Well, boyfriend but-" without a thought I pressed her pink lips on mine. I felt the shock on her face but after a second she started to kiss back. Before we knew it, we were kissing in front of all the people. A crowd began to form, cheering us on. Which was weird but they were all a bunch of immature high schoolers anyways. After an elongated kissing session of the dance floor Riley suggested we get out of here, I obliged. We grabbed hands and exited off the dance floor and we were out on the city streets, crisp air and light breeze. I could feel Riley's shiver on my arm. I pulled off my leather jacket and put it around her shoulders.
"Thanks." she smiled and I smiled back.
"Do you have a ride or should we walk?" She questioned.
"I have a ride." I walked her over to my Harley Davidson she is in utter shock.
-End of Flashback-
"Take me far from here." As she hopped on I gave her a spare helmet and she put my leather jacket on fully.
"Whatever you say." And we were off I could feel her grip get tighter around my waist. We finally arrived somewhere far, far from anyone. It was a park, not abandoned just not very popular at 11 PM. I parked my motorcycle and stowed our helmets. Riley and I walked hand in hand for a while before we arrived a bench. An old metal park bench. A classic, just like in the movies. The glow of the street lamps reflected on Riley's face a very yellow glow.
We sat on the bench hands still together and fingers intertwined. She put her legs across my lap as she sat up next to me.
"Is this a good escape?"
"A great one." She replied as a smile appeared on her face. I leaned in and kissed her again her lips were soft and smelled like coconut, something I hadn't noticed in the stuffy club. I offered to bring her back to her house, but she insisted me not to because what lied at home was a father who was disappointed in her choice to break up with her boyfriend. So we drove to mine and Farkle's apartment.
"We're here." I said as Riley finally loosened her grip.
"So where are we going in the fire escape?"
I chuckled, "No, I don't live with my parents."
"Oh okay that makes everything a lot easier. How old are you?"
"Eighteen."
"Me too."
"But I do have a room mate."
"Oh, okay." I was puzzled why was she mad? Oh it dawned upon me, she wanted to go to the front door. I mean we still could.
"It's alright he doesn't need any avoidance. If anything he'll be happy I found someone as kind as you." She blushed.
I grabbed her hand and we walked up the steps to my apartment I jiggled the keys in and opened the door to a small apartment. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms a kitchen, a living room and most importantly a kitchen table. Yes, you read that right a kitchen table, something I wished for when I was younger were family meals. I walked to the left of my door, the kitchen I offered her some food and she suggested grilled cheese. So I grabbed the pan and began making two. When I finished I grabbed two porcelain plates and put them on and served them. We sat at the island with marble counter tops. I sat right next to Riley.
"Thank you." Riley said as she broke the silence of munching.
"Of course, I love grilled cheese."
"No, for letting me come here, a complete stranger and you treat them like you've known them for years."
"Of course." I didn't know what else more to say so I leaned in and we yet again started kissing. Minutes or hours later, we were interrupted by Farkle entering the apartment.
"Hi guys." He said as we swung our chairs to face him.
"Hi Farkle," his eyes gazed over at Riley "Farkle this is Riley, Riley this is my roommate Farkle."
They both awkwardly waved at one another before silence fell.
"Well I'm tired goodnight guys." Farkle said finally breaking the silence. Luckily, Farkle's room was across the apartment from mine...

a/n: lmao we all know where that went just not comfortable writing about that...