Chapter 14

Sunday

Leo xx: Louise
              Please.
              I can help u… I’m sorry. I guess this was a mistake. I get it I guess…I’m just a person who wants to get to know u…and tbh I really like u…and I can’t help it. U don’t know how happy you have made me, in such a short period of time as well? ! You don’t know how many times u have brightened up my moods, and you don’t know how much you being here means to me.

Leo’s POV

“Hey Dad?” I decided to talk to my Dad about Lou.

“Yes Leighton?”

“So there’s this girl…”

Dad cut me off.

“You’re talking to me about a girl?”

“Well yeah, I need your advice. She won’t talk to me. We used to message a lot on the phone, but the other day she randomly stopped texting me.” I explained.

“Can I see?”
I nodded, talk my phone out my pocket, opened the messages and gave it to him. I watched as he scrolled through them. He paused.
“I just have one thing to say to you Leo, Don’t let her go. I promise you will regret losing someone like her. She might not be perfect, but she likes you at least. That’s all you need, you shouldn’t ask for more. Don’t neglect her if she’s troubled. Help her get through it. It’s hard to find someone like her, so hold onto her. She’ll be worth the trouble. So I say go over to her house, and demand to see her”
With that said he left the room. Leaving me to wonder about what he said. It made no sense. She was the one ignoring me? I tried messaging her lots, and there was no response.
All I knew from what he told me. The bit I actually got. Was to go and see her. Make up with her. Talk to her. And help her get through this.

***

Lou’s POV

My phone dinged. I sighed, picking it up reluctantly. I quickly glanced at it. This one was longer. Was I actually being stupid? Should I give him a chance? Or was he just doing this for a dare? To make the nerd to fall in love with him?

***

‘Ding dong’

“Louise! Can you get that please?” Mum called.

“Ok!”

I opened the door. Only to be faced with Leo! What was he doing here? He shouldn’t be here!

I immediately closed the door again. I couldn’t deal with this now!

“Lou, who was that?” Mum questioned.

“Ummmm no one.” I quickly replied.

She frowned. Not believing me, she came over to the door and opened it.

“Leo! Hi, what are you doing here?”

“Hi Anne, I just came to see Lou?” He sounded unsure in his answer.

“But she shut the door on you!” She sighed.

“Well yeah…” He admitted slowly.

“Well, come on in, I haven’t  seen you in a while!”

Leighton glanced at me. Unsure on what to say and do. He ended up nodding and cautiously entering the house. Giving me another look. We all walked into the living room.

“So, how have you been Leighton?

“Alright I guess, yourself?” He answered back politely.