03 • Books and Grey-eyed Idiots •

I heard a knock at the door. I completely ignored it.

I bit the torch that was in my mouth as my eyes wavered over the next few lines. A silent ache grew from the depths of my heart.

'A bullet wound and a broken heart would seem like two different injuries. But I could feel myself bleeding out just as surely as Maxon had. No amount of pressure or stitching would ever fix this; nothing would ever stop the ache.

I didn't break into a scream, though it felt as if something similar was happening inside. I just let the tears fall. They didn't wash anything away, but they felt like a promise.

Nothing will ever replace you, Maxon. And I sealed our love away.'

Suddenly my only source of heat and cover was ripped off me by some cruel being who was going to have to face the wrath of Hillary Raymonds if he/she wouldn't leave me to my solace. (aka Max and America).

An amused looking Stella plopped herself on my bed. The torch fell from my lips, as they formed an angry pout.

"Who let you in?"

"Oh C'mon Lily, don't be like that." she pouted. I grimaced.

"Don't call me that. I'm not a damn flower." I grumbled, placing a finger amidst the pages of my book as a book mark as I try to pry the blanket out of her hold.

"Lily, Lily, Lily,Lily!" she broke out, dangling the blanket in front of me as I try to reach for it.

Unfortunately I'm not very tall and she is. She laughed as I jumped up to grab it from her.

I stop jumping. "Forget it."

I go to the bed and continue reading.

'I didn't break into a scream, though it felt as if something similar was happening inside. I just let the tears -

"HILLARY!" she shouts, grabbing the book from my hand. She looks at it. "Oooh, you're at the part where Max dies!!" she squeals.

"Stella, if you value your life you will not dare to tell me what happens next." I warn, my eyes glinting angrily.

Her blue eyes sparkled mischievously. "I won't?" she said, innocently.

"Yes." I gritted out. But inside, fear was taking a hold of me in a vice grip and I was praying that she wouldn't make me get down on my knees and beg her, because I would.

I loved my books that much. And she knew that. Very well.

"Of course I won't." she scoffed.

"Y-you won't?" I stuttered, my surprise evident in my voice.

"I mean why should I when you promised me that you'd come shopping with me?" she said, delicately placing my book back on to my shelf and grabbing my jacket, which had been thrown across my desk.

I wasn't a very neat person. Unless it came to my books of course.

Besides, how could anyone think about neatness after suffering an 'embarrassing meltdown' in front of the most ridiculously popular boy in school?

"I did?"

"Yup. C'mon!"

*Three Long Tiresome hours later*

"Why do you torture me so?" I asked, huffing as I crossed my hands over my chest, glaring at Stella. Okay, maybe I was being a little more dramatic than normal. But this was what shopping with Stella did to a person. It reduced them to a tangled mess of aching limbs and short tempers.