08 • Luggages and Truths •

I took my time as I dried my hair and put on my clothes.

I still couldn't believe what I was about to do.

Going on a road trip to find a girl who seemed to like playing games, with the most annoying not to mention arrogant, stupid, inhuman and idiotic boy in school who I could describe with a numerous number of adjectives, but if I did an entire week would have lapsed and I still wouldn't be done, was not on my Summer break to-do list.

What I do for love.

But that didn't mean I wasn't going to murder Stella when I found her. Boy, she is going to be in big trouble.

I nimbly walked out of my room, dressed in a pair of black jeans and a burgundy blouse, trying to stall as much as possible.

But then I reached the end of the corridor.

I took a deep breath and smoothed out my outfit.

Okay, you can do this Hillary. Don't back out now. Stella needs you.

I wasn't nervous of asking Elisa about going on the road trip. Well, maybe a little. But actually, I still wasn't sure whether I should go or not. My heart said go, my brain was a little less confident.

Oh well, here goes nothing.

I walked towards Elisa's bedroom and knocked on the door before opening it.

"What's up honey?" she asked, as she whizzed around the room, cleaning it up.

"Um, I need to ask you a-a favour." I started, my hands wringing themselves together nervously.

"Does it have something do to with the hunky looking fellow you brought here yesterday?" she asked, winking slyly at me.

"Elisa!!" I admonished.

"Hey, he's a gorgeous hunk and I happen to be a part of the female species. It's natural!" she shrugged, pulling out some new bed sheets from the cupboard.

I walked towards the bed deciding to help her. The way I could release some of the stress that was hopelessly hounding over me. I roll my eyes at Elisa's remark as I pull the pillows out of their flower printed cases.

"Un-fortunately it does involve that good for nothing excuse for a human being." I said, annoyance evident in my voice. I just wasn't sure who it was directed to, Ryan or Elisa.

"My my, that's a lot of hate I hear in your voice." she commented.

"He's just really frustrating and annoying and despicable and mean." I grumbled, throwing the poor pillow case into the laundry basket with such a force that even Primrose Everdeen would have glared at me.

"In other words, he really knows how to push your buttons." she commented, smiling.

"Oh he doesn't push them. He stomps all over them and pulls out all the wiring!" I grumble.

Elisa laughed. "I love this guy already."

I rolled my eyes and sigh. "Don't tease." I pout.

"Alright, alright. Now, what does he want you to do?" she asked, getting down to business.

"It's about Stella, his sister."

"Oh I remember her! Go on."

"She's gone missing." I started. And then I told Elisa about everything that happened, since yesterday afternoon.

"Well, that's a lot to take in." She commented, sitting down on the bed, a pillow case still encased in her clasp.

I sat down next to her and sighed. "I know."