Fear and Loathing

Enjoy!!!!

____________________________________________~

There's many mafia groups in our town, but there's only one who's bigger then the rest. and I've heard about it everywhere I go. It was called the Donatello Clan. They started out small, I heard, but because of so many connections, they grew bigger and bigger. Until pretty recently they were known to be the biggest most scariest Mafia group. And they were Italian.

I can sit here and say I'm not afriad of no Mafia clan and stuff. But that would be lying. I fear coming across one. Think of all the things they could do to you, and being black doesn't help that either. The Italians hated us. I'd be shot dead on the spot.

It was a regular day, sitting outside with my girls like we usually do. Isa's hand was in yet another girls hair. she was braiding it for her, but Clairissa, Natalie, and I kept them both company. We talked about the new music that just came out. It was going to be a hit, and I knew it.

The boys played music and basketball and Old Lady Sal was barbequing something for us. I smiled at how Clairissa talked about boys being aliens. They were so unreadable that it made her want to turn gay. I told her that's not something to joke about and she laughed.

"I read this story right." I started, everyone groaned. My jaw dropped.

"Hey, what?" I said.

"Girl, ain't no body want to hear about your love stories. Heck take those stories and make em reality for once." Clairissa stated.

"Yeah when the right boy shows up i'll do that." I said smiling.

"Okay the next boy to come up to us, will be the guy you pursue. You can't back down." Isa dared. I shook my head slowly,

"Oh come on. You're just scared to fall in love." Natalie said.

"No, I'm not scared, just incapable." I told her. She laughed.

"No ones incapable of loving Rose. You're just not trying. I'll bet you your ma's favorite beans if you do Isa's dare." Natalie urged.

"Come on Iris, you know your ma loves them beans. So just do it.I'll bet you twenty dollors." Clairissa chimed in. I looked at her surprised. These girls are crazy.

"I'll bet you free rice and chicken, my mom will make it too." Jessie, the girl getting her hair done said.

"Jessie..,"

"And i'll bet you happiness. If you at least try to like someone, you'll be fresher and lighter." Isa said lastly.

"Guys, you're crazy. I could never,"

"Yeah you can. Next guy, you pursue." Natalie said. I thought about it for a bit. What do I have to lose right?

"Fine, next guy to walk up here i'll pursue and you guys gotta give me all the things you dared. Okay?" I said holding out my pinky. They all took my pinky into theirs and we laughed.

What do I have to lose...suddenly there was a bunch of chatter. I looked at where all the chatter was coming from and saw that a bunch of people had came together looking down the street.

"Another fight?" Isa asked.

"Looks like it's an uptown or middletown person coming through." Natalie said, she walked down the apartment steps onto the sidewalk and looked down the street everyone was looking at.

"Again? What do they want?" Clairissa said annoyed.

"Now it looks like they got out of their car and are walking around, inspecting. Yeah it's a middletown" Natalie said coming back up the stairs and taking her seat once again.