Little White Dress

Enjoy!!!!

Songs for this chapter:

All bad- Justin Bieber

__________________________________________~

Sigh. Rose stared at her reflection in the mirror. She stood still as Isa finished off with her hair. When Rose was thirteen, she hated her curly hair. She'd always wanted an afro like her friends, or get a perm so her hair can be straight also. She used to always get money from her mom and go to the salon just to flat iron her hair. But that became a problem for her mother.

It was twenty five dollars each time she went. Her mom spent about a hundred on her hair, and she felt bad. For a while she stopped ironing her hair and just went with curly. Until her mother bought her a hot comb. Isa had taught herself how to do it, and ever since then, Rose would let Isa straighten her hair. She loved it when her hair was straight rather than curly. Her curly head tended to go wild, and puffy. At time's she'd look like a lion.

She loved how Isa managed to make it smooth also, and shiny. She loved getting her hair done, and letting it fall down her back rather than stick up in many places...but she hated the fact that she was getting her hair done for the wrong reason.

Sigh. Rose rolled her eyes. Her mother who was putting a finishing touch on the white summer dress she's wearing, stood straight and looked at Rose with a scolding face.

"What?' Rose asked.

"Rose you look so beautiful. You know what would make you even more prettier?" Her mom asked. Rose shook her head.

"A smile." Her mom said rubbing her arm.

"Yeah Rose. Cheer up. You are going to a beautiful wedding, and you even look beautiful. Why are you so content on not going?" Isa asked.

"All I know is that, all moms going to do today is match make." She answered, her mom playfully hit her.

"I won't do any match making. Although it would be nice to see you enjoying yourself with a man for once." Her mom said walking out of the room.

"I have enough fun... without men." Rose murmured.

"Rose please don't give me that crap. You're 23, single and need I remind you that you just recently got fired from your job." Isa brought up.

Rose shook her head, and walked to her vanity. She began packing up her makeup.

"I'm serious Rose." Isa said, Rose stood up abruptly.

"Listen Isa. There's many jobs out there okay. I don't need a man to get on with life." Rose said grabbing her cowboy boots from her closet and putting it on.

Isa handed her, her jean jacket. "Sorry. I didn't mean it like that." She said.

"Why aren't you coming with me?" Rose whined.

"I have to take care of my dad. Sorry." Isa said walking out of the room.

All Rose wanted to do today was sleep, and read her collection of romance novels by Beverly Cleary.  She had no interest in going to a wedding party where she'll just be thrown onto men. Men much much older then her also.

Her mom had told her friend, who's daughter is getting married today, that she'd be there in the dress code and everything. She had gotten mad at her mom for making plans for her, but then again she was still living with her mother. She couldn't really blame her.

Rose took one last look at herself in the mirror then walked out her room.

Ready to experience the worst day of her life.