VIII

[UNEDITED]

Why's and Why not's

I freeze as soon as I heard his words. My eyes slowly train up to meet his. I didn't know what to think, I didn't know what to say..... I just didn't know.

What the hell am I supposed to say?

I think the silence between us stayed for a good five minutes before, I finally find the words to say to him.

"We're just a mess aren't we?"

He just stays silent, his cold orbs trained directly at me.

I slowly lower myself into my seat again and sigh. "I'm not going to marry you."

"Then live with me." Braxton didn't look flustered by the least.

"I don't think you understand. I want you to go back to where you came from and I'll go back to where I came from. I saying we shouldn't ever meet again."

"No, I promised that I would look after you and I int-"

"Well, that promise is now void. I don't need your help anymore....actually the best help you can give me is to stop associating yourself with me." My tone was ice cold and my words intended to harm him. "So far the only thing you have brought me is more trouble." He needed to leave, whenever he was around I can't control my emotions. I always end up screaming, crying or...or feeling this emotion....something...something I didn't have the luxury of feeling. Something that will only bring me unavoidable heartache.

He flinches from my words and slowly sucks in a breath. "I'm sorry." His voice was soft and when I meet his eyes, I knew it was genuine.

This all hurt for some reason. The idea of him hurting, hurt me. I...I cared for him. I was mature enough to admit that fact but I had way too many problems to worry about something like my fluttering heart.

I swallowed hard and I pushed my seat back before silently getting up. "I think we are done here." I turned to leave, the planned breakfast now a forgotten memory.

"Please just for three months, just three months. I need you to stay next to me." His usual demanding tone suddenly transformed to a mere whispers.

I stop in my tracks my back still facing him, I squeezed my eyes shut and my fists into balls. A lone tear slid down my face.
"Why?"

Then, I hear a pained chuckle and that man's strained words.

"Why not?"

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

I was frustrated.

I didn't know what to say or do.....all I knew as I was talking to her was that I wanted to keep her close....safe.

I knew that Andre was not going to leave Nanditha alone. He already had both my sister and nephew under his hold I wasn't about to lose this woman to him as well.

A 'woman', that's what Nanditha was to me. I saw her as a woman, a woman who has never left my head even after the time span of two years. A woman that meant something to me.

Her mouth slowly opened and then closed, her lips pressed tightly against each other.

"You can't tell me the reason?" She finally asks

I tap my fingers on the glass table as I give her a curt nod.

"I have to work, I have a family to take care of as well." She sighed, as she slowly sat back down into her chair.

"That, I can take care of." I answer nonchalantly, sitting back into my comfortable seat.

"But,....my mom. Things might be hard with my mom as well, she's not exactly into condition to move."