II

Two: Reunions & Surprises

(UNEDITED)

Mama was the first to speak.

"I've missed you so much, baby!" Her statement breaking me out of my trance. I smiled brightly and embraced my sister. I didn't say anything but I knew she understood how much I missed her. It has been so long, we thought she would never come back. She never called, and we knew she couldn't afford a plane to fly here. She studied in Washington University, literally across the country. I still remember the day she left, she had promised to comeback as take my from this place. Mom's sobs weren't missed as she attempted to scold Fel  for never calling, while the aqueducts flowed relentlessly down her face.

Fel just the same clutching to us with tears trailing down her face. She was a beauty.  Her hair a light auburn and her eyes the shade of emerald dazzling with happiness. She was a tall contrasting from the other women in her family, including me. The baby blue dress worked wonders for her voluptuous curves that framed her body. I envied her for her magnificence but loved her more for her character. She was a kind-hearted girl who had stood up for me from the many taunts of my peers when she was around. Her status as the queen bee of the school helped just as much, but there was only so much she could do until she was gone. I remember the many times we would jump in mom's car, driving to the exit of Cathaway  talking about the many things we wanted to do once we were out. It's been so long and now she was back.

I quickly remembered the man next to her and raised a questioning eyebrow towards Fel, a silent inquiry.

"This is Alexander Blackwell, my fiancé. " She introduced the silent man next to her, grabbing his hand. Her other sticking out towards up with a ring that held one big diamond in the center surrounded with tiny pink diamonds. It was breath-taking.

*~*~*

After the series of events that led from Fel's great disclosure about her secret fiancé, which included many tears, cries and gushing happiness. We started discussing dates for the possible wedding. But as I watch Felicity's Grace Ridler's guilty face I was a little reluctant to know. 

"Um...Mama don't be mad but...it's Saturday." Fel  stuttered thoroughly.

Today was Thursday.....it was on Saturday.

It was in 2 days.

"Felicity Grace Ridler!! What did you just tell your Mama!! Two days? My lord but there is so much to plan" Mama's fury was at its peak.

"No, Mama I'm having it here, at the Saint Peterson Church. Everything's all planned, I didn't want to put any pressure on you. I wanted to finish college before I got here...and I wanted to surprise you. I'm finally done Mama, and now I'm back!!" Fel said with despair clear in her eyes.

"Oh, Sweetie don't feel bad, it's alright. It's just a bit flustering for my daughter to tell me she is getting married 2 days. " Mama's voice was soft and tender, as if she was speaking to a terrified child.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Ridler, that would be my fault I was away for business for a long period of time. Felicity wanted for me to come with her to surprise you, I wasn't able to find time until now." Alexander seemed to have finally found his voice. He was defiantly attractive, with beach blonde hair and a sparkling mocha eyes. He also seemed to have dressed to impress because he looked quite fit in his slim form-fitting suit. Fel, you did good on this one.

Alexander's arm was protectively slung around Fel's waist, hugging her close to him. Fel's fidgeting hand clasped tightly to the hand on her waist. I would be blind not to see the evident attraction between the two.