Chapter 44| All I Can Do Is Sit There

~Kayla's P.O.V.~

I wake up in a dark, cold room. Everything that happened before came back to me. Like a crash in the head, it hit me hard. My whole body aches, and there's a stench of something metallic in the air. I pray it isn't what I think it is.

My eyes start to adjust to the dark, and the minimal shuffling of my tied feet echoed in the large room. It's all black; the walls, the chair I'm tied to. I start to struggle and pull at my hands, only to realize that they're handcuffed to the chair, and so they cut deeply into my wrists.

I look to my far right to see Cole in a similar position as me, watching my every move.

" You ok?" His sweet voice rang out, laced with concern.

" Just fine." Well, in these circumstances, it's the best I can be.

The door opens with force, but no light streams in. There's a man standing there with a malicious, sickly grin on his face, and I have a horrible feeling about it. And all of a sudden it strikes me; this happened in my dream. And if that's the case, then...

" Cole, RUN!" I scream at the top of my lungs, struggling against my restraints. He goes to answer, but I interrupt him.

" Just do it!" He goes to make a move, but the mysterious man speaks.

" It won't work. We've destabilized your ability, temporarily." He lets out a cold laugh. " You can't do anything. You'll just have to endure the pain."

I glare at him, and he chuckles.

" Hey... I have an idea! How about we torture him first so you get to watch it all?" I look at Cole, who looks utterly terrified, now understanding my warning.

" DON'T! Don't, I'll do anything, please!

" Nope. I've made up my mind."

I sob as the man advances on Cole, holding out his hands, and I can feel the heat radiate off him.

" I'll start easy, ok girl?"

He walks towards Cole, and presses his fuming hands to his neck. There's a strangled yell in pain, and whatever I do, I can't look away. There's a horrible hissing sound, and I look up to see Cole thrashing in pain, still yelling. I scream out for him, even though it's no use. He's going to kill him.

Tears flow down his face as he tries to get away from the cackling man as fast as possible, but nothing helps. The man lets go of him, walking towards his back as Cole takes deep breaths. This is probably more torture for me than it is for him.

It continues for hours, different methods and in different places, and all the while I have to watch. Before he leaves, he unties me, whispering, " I'll be back for you later."

I scramble out of my seat, tripping over my feet, and I make my way over to a barely conscious Cole.

" Cole... Cole, come on, please! Keep your eyes open! You'll get better I promise!" I'm panicking, looking at his battered body. An idea comes to mind.

" Ok, hold on. " I grab his slackened hand, my body by now had fought off whatever was keeping me from using my abilities, and I think of the most vividly remembered place in Supernatural Abilities. I'm going to try Teleportation.

After a minute, there's a strange sensation of nausea in the pit of my stomach, and I open my eyes to see that I've succeeded. I double over, heaving. I'm vomiting everything in my stomach, and I can't move.

I can't speak.

I can't blink.

All I can do is sit there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I was really sad writing this chapter. I hope you don't hate me...

-Lena