Chapter 1

"You're going to need to step your game or else I'm going to have to let you go soon."

I wasn't having the best day. Well actually it hasn't been the best year. First I lost my parents in a tragic accident. My favorite uncle was in jail for possession of a gun. And now I have to support myself and my sister all by myself. Her other relatives all lived in Texas and New York and she lived in California. My life sucks.

However it wasn't all that bad. At least my drunk addict neighbor moved away. But now I have Harry.

"Okay just give me some time and I will." I said with no confidence.

"Okay I'll give you a month and if you have nothing, I'm sorry but I'll have to let you go." My boss replied.

"That's all I need Sir, thank you." But he already left the room.

A fashion designer. I was never into clothes. I was more of a tom boy. Always playing sports.

A knock was heard, stopping my thoughts of hating this job.

"Come in." I said.

"Hey it's me. So what's up?" my best friend responded.

"Help me Amanda. I honestly don't know what to do any more. David only gave me a month to think of stuff."

"Well, why can't you think of anything?"

"I have no idea. I think it's just about my parents, my sister. You know?"

"Why don't you ask for an assistant?"

"Who would want to help me?"

"Just put an ad."

"An ad?"

"Yeah, on craigslist or something. And plus you could also spice up your love life that way too." Amanda said winking toward me.

"No I don't I have spice it up, I support Amy first."

"Your sister can live on her own. She's 17, she can do it."

"She's going to college soon and I have to save up money for her."

"I'm sure that with the money she's earning now she can go to college. Plus the money from your parents."

"Shh. . . don't talk about my parent's money."

"Oh sorry, but anyways put an ad up asking for an assistant with benefits." Amanda giving a grin.

"I'll think about it, but I have to be heading home now. I need to make dinner for Amy when she gets home."

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Friday."

"Sounds good, bye."

I didn't respond back I need to get home to make dinner for Amy. I grabbed my black purse, my coat, and headed out the door. I signed out in the front office. Saying goodbye to Yolanda the front office lady. I walked out the door, unlocked my car and drove home with the radio turned on.