Nineteen

It felt like forever before I finally heard a knock on the door. It felt like time froze at that second, I knew who it was and to say I was nervous was putting it way too lightly. My hands shook as I creeped slowly to the door, trying to pro-long my embarrassment. I finally twisted the knob opening it to a face I liked almost too much. Sebastian.

He gave me a smile before walking in and freezing by the entrance to the kitchen.

"Why does it smell like delicious food?" He jokingly wondered. He finally arrived at the couch around the corner and freezing in his spot.

  "Do you like it?" I hopefully asked strolling behind him as I wrung my fingers with nerves.

  His mouth fell open slightly before closing and falling open once again.

"Yea, but what's it for?" He questioned pivoting back to me with confusion written across his face.

I grinned awkwardly at him before gesturing him to the sofa. He moves to follow plopping next to me. I took a deep breath before scooting closer to him clasping my hands together.

"I need to tell you something-" we speak simultaneously and laugh awkwardly as he scratches his neck.

"You go first." I nod to him.

"No, ladies first." He gestures back to me leaning back to get comfortable. I nod pushing some hair behind my ear.

   "Ok, I won't prolong this any longer and fuck with my nerves more than necessary," I paused glancing away at the table. "I like you Sebastian, I really like you." I stammer out scratching my arm lightly as I wait for his reaction.

   He freezes and his eyes widen in realization before bursting out laughing. He crouched forward as his face turns red from how his laughing. Instantly my mood drops and I wrap my arms around myself. It wasn't surprising that he didn't feel the same way about me.

   "I-I understand if you don't feel the same way, I mean you're you, and I'm just me." I trail off nodding to myself as he tries to regain his composure.

   "No, trust me it's not that." He laughs again and slaps my leg in the process.

   "Then what is if Sebastian?" I question leaning up from the sofa and stand over him.

  He sobers up immediately as he catches my expression of hurt before frantically shaking his head joining me.

   "Because I won't let you just here and laugh at me when I told how I felt, I understand you don't feel the same, but you don't have to laugh at me!" I exclaim to him as he grabs my hands and rubs patterns in my palms to relax me. He couldn't do this to me when he doesn't feel the same and it'll only confuse me.

   "I'm not laughing because I don't feel the same way, I'm laughing because this is completely ironic." He chuckles again trailing a pattern to my shoulder where he continues his massage.

   "How is it ironic?" I breath in delight as he continues the relaxing assault on my shoulders.

   "Because I was gonna tell you how much I adore you, and how much you mean to me, and how I refuse to live anymore of my life without you right by my side in a more than friends way." He airs out as he finally turns me back around to face him. I bite down onto my lip cautiously reading his expression for any warning flags of him playing a prank on me.

   After several minutes of me warily reading his gaze trying to decipher his words I relent and let him drag me into him where he rests my head on his chest. I sigh as he moves us to the sofa.

"What does this make us?" I finally wonder out loud to him.

"Well, I want you to be my girlfriend, I don't know what you want me to-"

"Stop, I want to be with you too." His chest rumbles under me from his laugh.

"Good, because you're stuck with me."

"That doesn't sound so bad." I settle back into him and wrap my arms around his waist.

"I'm glad I got that off my chest." I chuckled letting him move his hands to my back.

   "Me too."

--

    I don't know how long we lay there on the sofa, but it was interrupted much too early when suddenly both our phones started to vibrate like crazy.

  I furrow my eyebrows reaching down and grabbing it from the floor and unlocking it. My eyebrows then shot up in surprise when text messages just exploded on my phone.

I looked back at Sebastian earning a shrug and confused look of his own.

"Yours too?" He asks leaning forward.

  "Yea, it's mostly Liz and Anthony." I laugh rubbing my forehead and resting my face in my hands.

   "Don't worry about it, they just wanna know what happened."

   "I know that, but I'm thinking about the teasing." I chuckled again.

   "Well, let's give them something to tease about." He answers causing me to turn to him.

   "What are-"

  I don't get to finish before his lips are on mine. I freeze in shock widening my eyes before they flutter shut on their own accord and my lips urgently move against his. Today turned out it be a pretty good day.

--

Author's Note-OH MY GOSH THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH 20k READS YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING 💖